Can You Attach Pearls To Bc?

Decorating By yelle66 Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 7:44am by elainec

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 11

I've seen pearls on fondant attached with RI before, but just didn't know if they would stay on BC? If so, then how?

TIA!

10 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 11

Just stick 'em on there before the bc crusts.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 11

Yes I agree. I made a 3 tier anniversary cake ( sorry no pictures) and all I did was put them on before the buttercream crusted. It worked beautifully. icon_biggrin.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 11

That's the beauty of Buttercream - it's like glue icon_lol.gif
Like the other's said - just put them on before your icing crusts.

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 11

I just did a cake this last night , pic is my photos 2 tiered square with red roses. I actually let the buttercream crust and smoothed with viva. I attached the homemade fondant pearls this morning. I just painted a little water on the spot and attached the pearl it worked great. First time I tried this.

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 11

How does this work if you want to do a diamond impression in your BC? You have to let it crust before doing the impression. How would you attach the pearls then?

lillicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillicakes Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 11

This is a silly question (maybe):

If you put fondant pearls on the bottom edge of your tiers, and make a stacked cake that you assemble at the reception location, do you wait to place your pearls after you get there? I am wondering if the attachment on each tier is sturdy enough to survive transport or if you wind up with pearls rolling all over.

Thanks!

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 11

bump

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

If you put fondant pearls on the bottom edge of your tiers, and make a stacked cake that you assemble at the reception location, do you wait to place your pearls after you get there? I am wondering if the attachment on each tier is sturdy enough to survive transport or if you wind up with pearls rolling all over.

You would attach the pearl border after the cake is stacked... this is why I stack all my cake prior to delivery so all I have to do on-site are touch-ups.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 11:29pm
post #10 of 11

On the cakes I have used the candy pearls on, I attached them to the fondant or BC with RI. It's like glue and I haven't had any major mishaps of them falling off. I also do the diamond impression mat first, then attach the pearls. No problem yet.

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:44am
post #11 of 11

When using BC, I often wait until I am at the site and tiers stacked, then I add a dab of water or a #1 tube icing dot and then add the pearls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%