Picture Of Cake Jewels On Actual Cake

Decorating By cakequeen50 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 5:58pm by sweetexpress

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:23am
post #1 of 4

I wanted to post this picture of the red "ruby" cake jewels by f a n c y f l o u r s for all of you who want to see what they look like on a cake.
I have a close up here and also have the entire cake here.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1250974

It was a 40th anniversary, rubies being the stone.
They weren't as spectacular as I was hoping for. I have some on the top that I used a bit of piping gel to adhere to the gum paste. also used piping gel on the harlequins to adhere the jewels. I put the cake in the fridge for 7 hours and delivered it, everything was hanging on tight!
LL

3 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:31am
post #2 of 4

Thanks for posting this. I've wondered about these cake jewels myself. Did they come in just one size? I was thinking of ordering the clear ones, but they seemed too big. I was looking for some small rhinestone size ones.

Your cakes looks awesome by the way!

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:51am
post #3 of 4

They were only one size and they are fairly large. This cake was a 6-8-10, the jewels were about 3/4". Maybe they needed a silver backing?

sweetexpress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetexpress Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 4

We have created a Bling Starter kit to make your own molds using a special sugar that can be heaed in the microwave. We also have made out molds deeper than any other on the market so you do not have to worry about overfilling. If you are interested eamil me at [email protected]. We also have 30 add on extra molds of differnt sizes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%