Strange Cake Table Decorations

Business By costumeczar Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 7:34pm by KoryAK

costumeczar Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:16am
post #1 of 9

Okay, I don't usually like to post about specific clients and their strange taste (because they probably think I have strange taste, too) but this one was too good.

I got to the reception site to set up a cake this afternoon, and the bride had told me that they would have the table decorations there and I could just move them around as I needed to. The "decorations" were, I am not lying, made from naked metal wire coat hangers bent to stand up and hold some birds that someone had made from pom poms, pipe cleaners and glitter. They were all bright neon colors that had nothing to do with anything else in the room, and I had to stay there for about 45 minutes to get them to stand up and not fall over and whack into the cake. I have never in my life seen anything like that.

I REALLY hope that they were made by some young child and were meant to be a sentimental addition to the wedding, because if some adult made those it's pretty weird. They looked like a kindergarten art project gone wrong.

8 replies
alanahodgson Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:20am
post #2 of 9

yikes! That's hilarious!!!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 9

ohhhhhhkaayyyy icon_confused.gif

Did you get a pic?!?! icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:33am
post #4 of 9

I think that I actually DIDN'T get a picture, but I wish that I had taken one now! I took a picture of the cake itself but I think that I did my best to edit out the birds...I'll have to look.

Just imagine pom poms glued together, wrapped with neon colored, fluffy craft pipe cleaners and sprinkled with glue and glitter. icon_confused.gif

indydebi Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:40am
post #5 of 9

And I'm sure that someone said, in a pure "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Cousin Eddie" voice, "Clark, those look (click tongue!) real nice!" icon_lol.gif

alanahodgson Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:00am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

And I'm sure that someone said, in a pure "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Cousin Eddie" voice, "Clark, those look (click tongue!) real nice!" icon_lol.gif

Bwaaaahhhh!!!!!

Aliwis000 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

LOL My fav christmas movie hands down! Its funny there are people like this out there. Last year I went to a wedding and the mother of the bride, yes the MOTHER OF THE BRIDE was wearing a hot pink floor length spaghetti strap dress, it was a freaking prom dress, this women was 55 years old. Me and my mom looked at her, looked at each other then looked back at her, there were just no words to say!

icon_smile.gif

Alicia

Muse Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 9

Dude, that is disturbing.

KoryAK Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 7:34pm
post #9 of 9

LMFAO hahahaha thats too great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%