5 Pound Satin Ice ?

Decorating By poshcakedesigns Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm by poshcakedesigns

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 5

I normally make MM fondant but recently found out that I can purchase a 5# countainer of satain ice from a local bakery. I haven't seen the container yet and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if that's a good bit of fondant or about how many cakes it will decorate.

The price is a little high but I figure with the money I'd save in shipping and the time in making homemade it might be worth the purchase if it's a good amount in the container.

Thanks guys thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 5

I saved this that someone else posted..."www.earlenscakes.com/Fondantchart.html".....Hope this helps.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 5

Well, one person's 'good bit' is another's 'itty bit'. I order fondant 30 lbs. at a time.

My question to you is, how much fondant does a batch of your MMF yield? And how many cakes can you cover with that? If you've never weighed it, just add up the weight of all your ingredients.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 5

I just made my first MMF the other day and I wanted to see how the quantity compares to the 2lb/5lb of satin ice that I usually buy - I weighted the MMF and it weighed right at about 3lbs.

So that should give you an idea of "how much" is in the tub. Its more that 1 batch but not quite as much as 2 of MMF.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I just made my first MMF the other day and I wanted to see how the quantity compares to the 2lb/5lb of satin ice that I usually buy - I weighted the MMF and it weighed right at about 3lbs.

So that should give you an idea of "how much" is in the tub. Its more that 1 batch but not quite as much as 2 of MMF.

THANK YOU...that's what I needed to know. duh never thought to weigh the MM fondant when I made it.

Now if it will taste as good as everyone says - I'm off to the bakery.

Thanks everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%