Wow - I Won!

Decorating By StephW Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm by Jasmine33

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 17

I can't believe it! The little town that I live in is having their "Old Fashioned Days" this weekend. Today was the baking contest. They post 3 different recipes - 2 for adults and 1 for kids. My 6 year old son made the no bake peanut butter cookies, but unfortunately he didn't win anything.

I made the chocolate chip crunch cookies. It is the first baking contest I have ever entered (last year I tried to make the cherry bread recipe but I can be a klutz and the loaf wasn't baked thru yet... you can just picture the mess... all over my oven door icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif )

Anyways, I was shocked icon_eek.gif when they announced that I won first place in the adult's cookie category! I think there were 12 entries in my category.

I made them this morning - and I almost didn't even make them at all because I was missing some ingredients and didn't have a ton of time, but I had to go get one more thing for my son's recipe - so I got the things I needed.

My son isn't exactly thrilled because he hasn't won anything... but he's entering a watermelon eating contest at 4.... so I sure hope he wins!

16 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 17

Congratulations!!! party.gif Don't let the other 11 entrants know that you 'threw them together' with missing ingredients. They'll be even more jealous!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 17

princess.gif woohooo CONGRATS!!!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 17

Congratulations! party.gif Doesn't it feel great to accomplish something that you put your heart and soul into! I'm happy that you won! judge.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 17

How cool is that??

Well done!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 17

congrats!!!! thumbs_up.gif

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 17

Yay! I'm doing my happy dance for you! Well done!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 17

congratulations thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 17

congratulations!! How fun is that !!!
woohooo!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 17

Congratulations - that is so neat thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:41am
post #11 of 17

CONGRATS!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

StephW Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:34am
post #12 of 17

Awww.... thank you everyone! I was so excited that I took pics of some of the extra cookies and the plaque I won... hahaha

And I told my hubby earlier that he could bow in the presence of the baking queen (yes I was joking!!)... and he said I am a queen alright... hmmm... I wonder how he meant that... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #13 of 17

Ok... so wheres the picture of the cookies and do you share the winner recipe ? Maybe we all want to be a winner to ! LOL!

StephW Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Ok... so wheres the picture of the cookies and do you share the winner recipe ? Maybe we all want to be a winner to ! LOL!

Fiddlesticks - I will try to add the pic here. They are chocolate chip cookies with rice krispies and walnuts in them. I can pm you the recipe if you would like it, but it is not my recipe. The people who run the contest publish three different recipes, one for each category and you have to make their recipes. Then whoever makes the recipe the tastiest wins.

fiddlesticks Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #15 of 17

I would love the recipe !Thanks !

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm
post #16 of 17

Wow...Congratulations!

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm
post #17 of 17

Hooray that is so cool! Please pass me the recipe too. lol