Edible Images On Cookies

Baking By grumpyx07 Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 4:38am by ckdcr8r

grumpyx07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grumpyx07 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 13

I've gotten very into making decorated cookies, and have pretty much changed everything I do to just cookies. I find that it's what I'm better at, and what people that buy from me love more. I keep seeing edible images on cookies though, such as company logos. How is that done? When do you place the image? I was thinking about it and wouldn't the wet RI bleed through? I can do most logos with just RI, but I'd really like to try the edible images. Any help or advice is much appreciated. =]

12 replies
grumpyx07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grumpyx07 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 13

No one? I've seen so many beautiful cookies with images, surely someone out there has a little advice they'd be willing to share.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 13

I've only done it a few times and no, the RI doesn't bleed through, not the ones that I have done. The EI are thicker than you might think. I cut mine with a pair of scissors and place them on the cookie.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 13

I've used purchased ones(Pfeil&Holing) for Christmas.

I put them on when my flooding was wet. Worked great and didn't bleed.
You can either pipe a border around to cover the edge or I just used sprinkles.

Photos are in my gallery if you want to take it look.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 13

I have used edible images quite a few times, and it is very easy. In fact, it's a lot easier that decorating with royal...so I'm thrilled when someone asks me to do them! lol I use frosting sheets, and they are fairly thick. I place the edible image directly onto the cooled cookie, and then pipe some kind of border around the edge, or use sprinkles to make a border. I adhere the edible image to the cookie with a little bit of corn syrup brushed directly onto the cookie. I've attached a photo of a bouquet I recently made with edible image cookies.
LL

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 11:56am
post #6 of 13

Very cute Joanne! Your bouquet gave me some ideas for a customer who requested ideas for an employee going off to college.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm
post #7 of 13

I use fondant on my cookies, and the EI's work great icon_smile.gif

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:50am
post #8 of 13

I do nothing but EI on cookies. I use fondant. Check out my gallery on my website! www.wordofmouthcookieco.com

foxymomma521 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:49am
post #9 of 13

How do you put the sprinkles on for the border? Corn syrup?

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 13

Yes, how do you put on the sprinkles??? i have seen oreo cookies dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles on the side. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 13

I put the sprinkles/nonpareils on the border using piping gel! I was lucky to take a cookie class from Michelle Bommarito this past May, and she used this method, and showed us how to do it. It was so easy, we all said, "Why didn't I think of that!" After the royal has dried, just brush the edges with piping gel (available at cake decorating stores in a tub) and sprinkle away!

foxymomma521 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:44pm
post #12 of 13

thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:38am
post #13 of 13

I just pipe white choclate around the border and roll it in the sprinkles. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%