Has Anyone Tried Wilton Whipped Topping?

Decorating By aminaz Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 4:20pm by RRGibson

aminaz Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 8

has anyone tried the wilton whipped topping? what does it taste like? does it taste like buttercream or whipped cream? i bought it but scared to use it just incase it might not taste nice. hope someone can help!

7 replies
aminaz Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 8

please can someone help!!!

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 8

Are you talking about the Wilton's stabilized whipped cream recipe? If so...I just tried it this week. This is the first time I have ever made any type of whipped cream so I don't know how much help I can be. Anyway...I thought it turned out well. The only problem was I don't think I whipped it long enough because there were chunks of piping gel in the whipped cream. The recipe says not to over mix so I was very conservative with my mixing. Overall...I thought it was good. I also decorated it with premade buttercream drop flowers and hearts.

doescakestoo Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 8

If you are talking about the box mix. Yes I have tried it and it is like the whipped topping. My oldest son loves it. And he uses it when he needs to do a cake.

aminaz Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 8

yes i am talking about the box mix from wilton. i love whipped cream and love to frost my cakes with it but i'm scared to use it for stacking cakes or use it for wedding cakes which will be out of the fridge fore at least 4-5 hours so i thought of trying this but its really expensive or am i wrong, it £4.99 a box which is around $9.50

doescakestoo Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 8

It is expensive but worth the taste. I know the price is even steep here. But it is good. It does stack well if you make sure it is stiff enough. It should not move. Have fun.

mjballinger Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 8

I tried it and my family and I thought it all had a strange aftertaste. Maybe we got a bad batch? But it was so awlful that I hesitate to try it again.

RRGibson Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 8

The whipped topping mix? Yes I used it once for a little girl who requested it. I didn't want to make it myself because I didn't think it would hold up. It was easy to work with, I didn't really taste it though. But I didn't get any complaints.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%