Spray Lustre (Pme) Love It!

Decorating By leah_s Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 4:12pm by fabfour

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 10

This is my new favorite product. Well, of course I'll always love SPS, but I just "pearlized" 14 cases of gumpaste flowers (XL roses, 3 to a case) in a matter of minutes. It took longer to open the boxes than to spray the pearl. Easy to use, looks great. I think it was expensive but its such a great product I don't think I care much what it costs! Made by PME and I think GSA carries it. I have a can of the gold also but haven't tried it yet.

If you've only used the horrid Wilton spray color, don't judge. This stuff by PME is fab!

9 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 10

Thanks for posting this! I had a can of the pearl lustre on hand that I picked up at a local supply store because my airbrush compressor kicked the bucket this week and I need it for a few things in the coming week and I'm not sure my new compressor will be here on time. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so thank you for being the "guinea pig" for us! lol

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 10

It also has a wonderful Cotton Candy smell!! I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 10

I bought 3 cans (2 pearl and a pink) at the ICES convention. I have not used them yet, but I was excited at the whole idea of pearl dust in a can! I was going to buy some of the lusters from Americolor for my airbrush, but after seeing the canned stuff, I was sucked int by the ease of the can! icon_lol.gif (Though I will probably be ordering the Americolors any way... icon_wink.gif ) At the convention they were $10 a can. Small price for utter convience. Now I can't wait to try them!

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 10

They also make it from Americolor and Lucks for airbrush systems. thats what I use and ove it!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 10

I have the lucks brand but found it too thick even after I shook it for awhile.I also didn't think it sprayed that pearly..I did however buy the new Americolor Pearl sheen and have yet to try it so I am excited about that because I use alot of pearl on my cakes.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 10

I can't wait to buy this and give it a try. It sounds like a fantastic time saver, and a great way to cover a larger area, or multiple items, quickly.

Thank you for the reminder.

-Debbie B.

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 10

I've used it a few times and LOVE IT!! Again, it is so expensive. I found it on ebay for about $11 or $12 a can. Which I guess isn' bad but the cans are so small. I wish we could find it wholesale by the case!!!

Missy

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 10

I have the Luck's for my airbrush and love them...the cans is such a great idea, super cool that it works so well!!!

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:12pm
post #10 of 10

I have the stuff for my airbrush, but after I spray it I can't see it like I can the stuff from the can.

Missy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%