Best Wedding Cake Flavor

Decorating By cupsncakes Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 2:01pm by cupsncakes

cupsncakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:12am
post #1 of 13

I'm taking lots of orders for wedding cakes at the moment and I just can't seem to convince brides to "think outside the box". Everyone just wants a Chocolate mud cake icon_rolleyes.gif These are very popular where I live, they are a heavy, moist chocolate cake. I'd really like to do some interesting flavours but most just want a mud cake, sometimes they won't even taste another. It's very fustrating icon_cry.gif So my question is, what is your most popular wedding cake flavor?

12 replies
Ruby2uesday Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:28am
post #2 of 13

hmmmm can you share your chocolate mud cake recipe. that sounds yummy! lol

tdybear1978 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:32am
post #3 of 13

this wedding season my most popular cake flavor has been my snickerdoodle cake. I have been so surprised at how many people have been picking that one

CakesOnly Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:42am
post #4 of 13

Most of my clients want WASC. It is so yummy and moist.

cupsncakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:43am
post #5 of 13

This one is very good, give it a go, your clients might get hooked to!

Ruby2uesday Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:00am
post #6 of 13
Originally Posted by cupsncakes

This one is very good, give it a go, your clients might get hooked to!

I had seen that, but the grams kind of threw me. is there a US conversion???? lol you can pm it to me if you want! THANKS!

cupsncakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:35am
post #7 of 13

Try this, I use it all the time to convert US recipes to Australian metric:

KoryAK Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:04am
post #8 of 13

95% of my brides do different flavors... but almost half go with white chiffon and vanilla cheesecake mousse in the bottom tier.

loriemoms Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:42am
post #9 of 13

Last year, everyone wanted lemon with raspberry mousse. This year, everyone wants red velvet (which I HATE working with!) with cream cheese filling.

My 'signature" cake is a yellow cake with shaved dark chocolate mixed into it. Everyone loves it..even the non chocolate freaks. I love torting it, and then adding a thin layer of ganache, then put white chocolate mousse on top of the ganache. It is sinful!! I think part of the reasons the brides love it too is it is SO pretty when you cut into it!

CherryLane Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:12am
post #10 of 13

Vanilla Bean, but my Strawberry is a close second.

vickymacd Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:29am
post #11 of 13

loriemoms~ I am one of those 'non-chocolate freaks'. Ha, ha. Just not a big choc. fan!
But this week..............OMG, I can't get enough chocolate!!!!!!!! I think if there was a _________ on the street and it was covered in chocolate, I'd eat it!!!!!!!!!!!

KoryAK Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:48am
post #12 of 13

Yeah, I've had a lot of red velvet lately too... which is annoying.

cupsncakes Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:01pm
post #13 of 13

I just find my kitchen gets in a way bigger mess when I work with chocolate icon_sad.gif It seems to take longer to clean up icon_confused.gif I guess I'm a non-chocolate freak too, that's why I'm going crazy with Chocolate mud icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%