I Need Some Help Please!!

Decorating By mrsfirebug Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 5:22am by miny

mrsfirebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfirebug Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:59am
post #1 of 6

Please Help!!!!
I have a request for a very detailed cake for August. I was wondering if there is anyway for me to make a mold in order to bake a cake in. This will be a 3D cake and will sit on top of another cake. I could probably carve it if I had to but I would love to learn how to make molds so that my baking wouldnât be limited. Thank you so much in advance.

5 replies
Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:06am
post #2 of 6

What is the shape if the cake?

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #3 of 6

What kind of cake do you need?, maybe you can addapt one of the pans you already have.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 6

Yes. There is a 'flashing' metal material avaiable in hardware stores (Home Depot etc) that you can shape and put on a cookie sheet. It comes in different widths. Once you have shaped it cover it w/aluminum foil. You can also get some metal tape to tape it to the cookie sheet so the batter does not leak out the bottom. It's not exactly cheap but goes a long way.

mrsfirebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfirebug Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

What kind of cake do you need?, maybe you can addapt one of the pans you already have.

The cake is to be in the shape of a 3D fish. so I need to be able to get a casting of a resin fish sculpture that I already have. I was needing to know if this was possible and how to do it. Thank you

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:22am
post #6 of 6

I believe Wilton has a 3D fish pan, also I saw on the spanish forums that someone made a mold out of a product that she got a Michael's, it's called Amazing Mold Putty but to be honest I don't know how many of those you'll need to make your mold, looks like a very expensive mold to me. I think the best option is to look for the wilton pan, I know is not new so maybe you can get it on sale. Now the other option is carving, I don't think a fish could be so difficult. Gook luck! usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%