I Am Worried.... Need Advice Asap. Please

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 1:31pm by LorienSkye

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 9

I am about to pipe my cherry blossom branches that I have been asking everyone about on here. Now, I could not get the right brown, so I settled with black. It will look good, but I am worried that once I pipe it onto my buttercream iced cake that it will discolor my white icing after sitting until the wedding tomorrow. Please tell me if I am wrong. The wedding cocktails and supper and such does not start till 5:30 tomorrow night. So is it too early? Or will it alway get ruined if I do it now?

In case you need to know,I am using sugarshacks icing.

I am so stressing about this. icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif

Janice

8 replies
matwogirls Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:57am
post #2 of 9

anyone please?

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:04am
post #3 of 9

I don't know anything about sugarshacks reciepe. But I know that if I pipe black bc on a white bc cake, it always bleeds by morning. Can you use royal icing instead? RI doesn't bleed. If the icing is made without margerine, it may not bleed.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But I wouldn't chance it myself.

datalore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datalore Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:07am
post #4 of 9

is ther any way that you could use a picec of choc fondant? I would be worried about the bleeding as well

matwogirls Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:10am
post #5 of 9

I have some fondant here that I could use. I don't have much brown coloring left. Any ideas on how to make it work? It is the ready made wilton fondant. I keep one on hand for just in case times. I guess this might be the time.

Thanks for helping me
Janice

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:16am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by matwogirls

I have some fondant here that I could use. I don't have much brown coloring left. Any ideas on how to make it work? It is the ready made wilton fondant. I keep one on hand for just in case times. I guess this might be the time.

Thanks for helping me
Janice

Knead in some cocoa powder, if you have some of that, and then add food coloring as needed.

matwogirls Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:23am
post #7 of 9

thanks I will try. Just incase my rookieness shows more tonight, please keep any ideas coming. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Janice

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:20pm
post #8 of 9

Hope all worked out for you.
I have almost never had brown or black b'cream icing bleed. The longer the color has been added to the icing better. It's fresh made dark colors that will bleen.
For the future, keep some of your dark colored icings on hand in the freezer. They will keep for as much as a yr in a fzr stored in an airtight container. I usually use a glass jar.

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 9

For the cherry blossom cake that I did in my photos section, I used fondant (or maybe gumpaste, don't remember....either would work, though) for the branches because I thought it gave it a more realistic look than just piping on icing. I took a fondant tool and "marked up" the branch a little bit. Then, the key for me was that instead of kneading my coloring INTO the fondant, I actually took a paint brush and BRUSHED it onto the branch. This way the color settled into the little grooves I had made with my tool and gave it a really neat 3 dimensional look. You probably already solved this problem since your cake is due later today, but I just thought I would chime in just in case you were still struggling. Good luck and post pics for us of the beautiful finished product!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%