Shoe Size.

Decorating By Peeg Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm by Peeg

Peeg Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #1 of 3

I need to know if the shoe template here on CC is th right size to use? I also went to and this person has the same shoe template, so I'm assuming it's the same person (stupid me). My problem is- the template on How2 is so big and I don't know how to shrink it. Is it suppose to be that big? Please help me!!! This is my first attempt to make a shoe. Thanks everyone.

2 replies
ibmoser Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 3

I think that size is a very personal design choice. Do you want life-size on a shoe box cake or a delicate minature with flowers or other decorations on a smaller cake or endless other choices? If you don't have software to resize graphics, you can always print your template and trim inside the lines using the same measurement all the way around, then adjust the proportions if necessary by eye. I think I read that the one Nati has graciously shared is about a size 6 actual shoe. I usually find that really small items are a bit more difficult to handle - no room for clumsy fingers LOL! Try a medium one to start - maybe 4-5" long. I have the JEM cutter set, and the shoes it makes are about that size. I can get my fingers inside and around to smooth and shape.

Peeg Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 3

Thank You ibmoser, I just found the shoe cutters and I think I will purchase them so I won't have to guess. May I ask where you purchase your supplies? I've found that a lot of suppliers are out of merchandise, I guess for the wedding season. Thanks Again...

Quote by @%username% on %date%