Newbie!!

Decorating By hthompson631 Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 1:09am by hthompson631

hthompson631 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hthompson631 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #1 of 8

Can you basketweave on top of fondant? I just started cake decorating and I am teaching myself. icon_confused.gif

7 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #2 of 8

Welcome, newbie! Can you give more info? I'm not sure why you would want to pipe basket weave over fondant.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 8

Welcome hthompson631! icon_biggrin.gif

Techniquely speaking....You can basketweave over fondant, but why would you want to do that? If you are going to basketweave then all you need is the cake. If your going to cover with fondant, then you should not put baskekweave over that. The whole reason to cover with fondant is for the look of it, appling basketweave would ruin the look of a fondant covered cake, and you would have spent money on fondant for nothing. icon_sad.gif

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 8

If you decide to do it, I have heard that buttercream will break down your fondant so you'd be better off using royal icing.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 8

Hi and Welcome to CC, hthompson631. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

HTH

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

JanH, thanks for the link! I have been wondering what some of the acornyms meant! icon_biggrin.gif What a great help!

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 8

When I first started posting comments in this forum, I notice that someone ended their post with "JMO." Those are my initials, so I thought "what are the odds of that?" A few days later I saw that someone else ended their post the same way. icon_confused.gif I took me almost a month to find the list of acronyms. I'm glad I found that list before I made a complete fool of myself. icon_lol.gif

hthompson631 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hthompson631 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #8 of 8

thumbs_up.gif Thanks to everyone!!! icon_biggrin.gif I will not put basketweave on fondant. I found a basketweave roller online. Has anyone used it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%