Have To Find This Cake!! Please Help!!

Decorating By mlharvell Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 2:04am by cassiecakes

mlharvell Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 15

I saw a cake posted on CC within the last two days. It was either in the all-time favorites section or the popular cakes today section. I saved it to my favorites because I wanted to try to do something similar for my mother's birthday. I went to my favs today to reference it and it's not there. icon_sad.gif I'll try to describe it and, hopefully, someone else saw it and can point me in the right direction.

It was a 3 tier (I think) cake covered in white fondant with red (possibly varying shades) decorations. The sides had fondant or gumpaste circles and circles with the centers cut out (like the letter "O"). The part that made this cake really stand out is the fact that the "O's" were attached to the sides at the tops of the tiers so they were standing taller than the cake on that tier. I hope I'm making sense.

If anyone saw this cake, please tell me where I can find it. I've got a mental picture, but I'd like something I can reference when I try to attempt it myself.

TIA

14 replies
cakebabe Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 15
mlharvell Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 15

cakebabe, thanks for sending me the links. Unfortunately, it's not either one of those, but it's similar. The circles and dots are red and they actually come up above the top of the cake (only part of the "O" is attached to the cake - you can see through the centers).

Thanks for helping!

valbos22 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 15

Not sure what your Browser history is set to, but you might be able to click on history and then look at the last 2 days to see if you can find it in your history?

mlharvell Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 15

valbos, that's not quite it either. It's very close though. The fondant covering the cake was white (on all 3 tiers - I think they were round). There were lots of dots and circles.

Thanks so much for helping out! CCers are so amazingly helpful!!

mlharvell Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:02am
post #8 of 15

marksmum, thanks for posting links. We're getting closer. It's similar to the second link you sent. The circles are standing up like on that cake, but they are attached to the sides of the cake (near the top).

I'm beginning to think that I dreamt this cake up and it doesn't really exist. icon_wink.gif

Thanks, everyone, for helping out!!

ladij153 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:28am
post #10 of 15

Just a thought....

When you save pics to your favs and they are one of the all time most popular they are saved by the date they were first posted so it may have saved in your earlier pages.

mlharvell Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:47am
post #11 of 15

all4cake, I'm giving you big computer hugs right now!!! That's not the *exact* cake, but it's 99% the same as the one I saw. The colors are the only thing that are different. This is a perfect reference for me to follow for my mother's cake. Thank you soooooooooo much!!!

Thanks to everyone else that posted, as well. I'm constantly impressed with CCers helpfulness. What would I do without you all? icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:11am
post #12 of 15

You are so welcome!
I know the colors were off but I thought maybe possibly the same thing happened to you that happens to me as I browse...I tend to combine elements as I browse.

Did you try looking all through your favorites like ladij153 recommended?

It's possible that the CCer removed it from their collection and that would explain why it no longer exists in your favorites.

mlharvell Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:28am
post #13 of 15

Oh boy, did I ever search through ALL of my favorites. I went through them 6 times. I got so frustrated because I KNOW I saved it to my favs, so I went cake by cake trying to find it. I saved the cake you sent to my favs and then I went back one last time to see if I could find the original cake. I'm obsessed. I think I need therapy. icon_wink.gif

The thought crossed my mind that, perhaps, the poster removed the photo, but I was hoping that wasn't the case.

Oh well. It doesn't matter now. You saved the day! Thanks again!

marknelliesmum Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:37am
post #14 of 15

So glad you have found something to work from - it's so frustrating when you lose the cake you want/need coz there are sooooooooooo many fab cakes on here that you get side tracked adding cakes to your favourites when you should be looking for the one you need. icon_redface.gif Maybe that's just me icon_redface.gif

Happy baking!

cassiecakes Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 2:04am
post #15 of 15

I have not seen that cake on CC, however I was just looking at the cakes on charmcitycakes.com and the have one that looks like it might be what you are describing (in a different color). Once you are on their site click on the cakes, then click on not so traditional and it is listed as circles. Hope this is close and helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%