Monkey Ball Cake (Aiai)?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm by Rincewind

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 9

My nephew wants a Monkey ball (a video game) cake with the monkey AiAi. First off, I don't know out of all the things to pick he picks that. God bless him..he has been around auntie too much.

I thought about a mario like cake..but having a tough time finding images of what the video game is about. I did a google search and most of it looks like the video game cover.

Does anyone know anything about Monkey Ball?

TIA!

8 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 9

Sorry, I can't help, but had a kick when I read the title of this thread.... thought to myself "How do they get the monkeys to stand still?"

FeGe_Cakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 9

Okay chutzpah...you having a blond moment. icon_lol.gif

Oops I might get in trouble for that comment. icon_lol.gif

tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 9

AHHHHHHH I love your nephew!!!! As a monkey ball addict I can offer you some help! Here is a website that may help you....
http://www2.sega.com/gamesite/supermonkeyball2/
Basically you are a monkey in ball; you have to navigate various obsticles. There are what's called party games; like golf, fighting, bowling, pool...etc. Really it's a blast and highly addictive!
Please post pics because you know have my curiosity up has to how you are going to do this!!!!!

Best of luck!!!!!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you darling! He is my baby (10 year old baby...but mine) so I want to make him happy. I might pick your brain later when I have some more ideas.

squeakerbilly123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeakerbilly123 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 9

you might try making a monkey cake and sticking it in a hamster ball?!?! Here is a good pic of Aiai...

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/26/lw_monkey3_narrowweb__300x391,0.jpg

best of luck icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 9

Hmmmmmm I imagine mini cinnammon rolls for his ears!!!!! Seriously though, I think I am as if not a little more for this cake then that super smart nephew of yours!!!!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:36pm
post #8 of 9

I think I am going to try to model him myself either out of fondant or chocolate clay. I read somewhere AiAi loves bananas..I thought about a pile of bananas and the little characters, but want it more related to the video game itself. Since my nephew wants two flavors...Red velvet and fudge marble. I wanted to do a tiered cake.

Wheels are turning.

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #9 of 9

I think your idea of a Mario-style cake is a good one. The background could have palm trees instead of blocks, bananas instead of stars, etc. You could make the characters out of fondant or candy melts or color flow/royal icing (this would be my favorite choice).

AiAi is a favorite of my youngest son as well. I looked through the booklet to Banana Blitz and it doesn't have many good pictures. There's a checkered game floor, palm trees, blue skies with white clouds, bananas here and there. I know that the game takes place in a jungle level, desert level, water level....

I look forward to seeing it. AiAi is so cute!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%