Using Wedding Bouquet In Buttercream?

Decorating By Cyndi1207 Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 5:44pm by CandyLady

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 15

I just got my order of wedding bouquet..........along with some other goodies I can't wait to try out. My question is do I just substitute the wedding bouquet for......say Vanilla extract? I wasn't sure and I didn't want to mess up a batch of buttercream trying it out. Thanks. icon_redface.gif

14 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 15

I dont have the wedding bouquet, I use the creme bouquet and still add butter and vanilla flavoring. Love the taste.

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 15

I use SugarShack's recipe and only use the WB flavoring, no extra vanilla or butter, etc and it tastes awesome! Even if using it in another recipe I don't think it really needs any other flavoring with it because it's already a mixture of several flavors. hth

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 15

What's the difference between wedding bouquet and creme bouquet?

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks........I had tried it before I got responses (couldn't wait......Lol)with just the WB and it's so yummy. Thanks again!!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:13am
post #6 of 15

I use vanilla, almond emulsion, butter & cream bouquet in my buttercream icing.

Cyndi1207 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:06am
post #7 of 15

Vanilla and almond...........I have both and have never tried them together. I was going to get cream bouquet and decided to go with wedding bouquet instead. Do you prefer cream over wedding?

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:54pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

Vanilla and almond...........I have both and have never tried them together. I was going to get cream bouquet and decided to go with wedding bouquet instead. Do you prefer cream over wedding?

I've never had the wedding bouquet so I don't know what it tastes like.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 15

I have tried the cream bouquet (CK brand), wedding bouquet (SugarShack's recommended brand), butter/vanilla flavor (Magic Line brand) and lemon emulsion (Magic Line brand).

Please keep in mind that taste and smell are very subjective, but this is my humble opinion about all 4:

Creme-very lemony like furniture polish, with a sharp chemical taste (maybe it was the brand, but I threw it away)

Wedding-the first thing you smell is almond, almost too almondy to me since I don't care for almond. It has a sweet buttery undertone and with my nose not too close, it does smell divine. I added a little to my BC with a regular amount of vanilla and it tasted great. No almond taste to me. thumbs_up.gif

Butter/Vanilla-smells like heaven, want to try to substitute this for plain vanilla. It almost reminds of me of butterscotch, but in a very subtle way. Think this stuff is my fave.

Lemon emulsion-smell not much different from regular lemon extract. Maybe there is a scientific baking reason for using an emulsion, but I don't know what it is.

Like I said, just my opinion. When trying something new get the small bottles and have fun!

Kim

Cyndi1207 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm
post #10 of 15

Kim,
Yes I did notice the almond smell instantly. I like the way it tastes......I'm actually sick of it already since I had to make 5 batches but now I want to try the butter-vanilla one. I know it's magic line but where did you order it from? By the way thanks for the break down. I should have asked about this before I bought it. Not that I regret it.........just that I should have explored my options.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 4:26am
post #11 of 15

Where can I buy the wedding bouquet flavoring?

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #12 of 15

Global or order direct from the lady

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 6:43pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks for the break down kimblyd

I really didn't care for the wedding bouquet. Waaaay too almondy and i love almond flavoring. Unfortunately I bought a big ole bottle of the stuff after reading how everyone was so crazy about it. I was so excited cause I thought it would be my new signature taste. bummer.

Not sure I like the smell either. I had to put the closed bottle in two ziplock bags so that the smell didn't escape.

I haven't had the courage to try it again but maybe if I use less of it . . .?

I have been intrigued by the creme bouquet because I have herad it was less almondy but now I want to try the butter/vanilla! We seem to have the same taste buds so if you like maybe I will too. thanks kimblyd

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #14 of 15

Sorry I haven't replied, we just got back from a quick overnight trip to the Georgia aquarium in Atlanta. Man, they don't call it Hotlanta for nothing!

Mamas, I think you will like the Wedding Bouquet if you don't use too much and use it in addition to regular vanilla or the butter/vanilla.

Cyndi, I ordered the Wedding Bouquet and butter/vanilla from Global Sugar Art. I have also been wanting to try a flavor I have read about here called Butavan. I think it might be the same thing, though just a different brand. Global didn't have it.

Anyway, you all are so welcome for the breakdown. I read about something CC and order it. But it's true, what some people just love, others simply hate. You just have to try it for yourself and maybe experiment a little. I plan on trying the Magic Line brand of creme bouquet, just to see if maybe I got a bad bottle, and Princess flavor is also on my to-try list. Has anyone tried that, if so what do you think?

Kim

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:44pm
post #15 of 15

I tried it in my buttercream and did not like the taste at all. I would use it in my cakes but not in frosting. I prefer the extracts in my frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%