Need A Good, Make That Great Carrot Cake??

Baking By cakemommy Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 8:32pm by penguinprincess

cakemommy Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 9

This one looks like it got great reviews but is made using a mix. I need to make a 12x18 carrot cake and was wondering if anyone has doubled this recipe and made it in this pan. Did it turn out well?????

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2410-19-Carrot-Cake-with-Raisins.html

Thank you for any advice!

Amy

8 replies
cakemommy Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #2 of 9

ANYONE ANYONE?!?!?!?!??!

Bijoudelanuit Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #3 of 9

I have a great from scratch recipe... I just moved my kitchen things yesterday to a new apartment... I might be able to find it for you.. in the mean while here is a bump!

cakemommy Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #4 of 9

You are so sweet but you know what??? Ironically, I JUST now put the cake in the oven when I got the email notification about your reply! icon_rolleyes.gif How funny!!! icon_lol.gif

I would still love your recipe though if you would like to pm it to me! The recipe I used is from joyofbaking.com I have had great success with their recipes, mostly scone recipes!!! thumbs_up.gif I figured, I couldn't go wrong with this one. Cross your fingers!!!!! I 3x's the recipe for my 12x18 pan and it filled it perfectly. I didn't hold any out and I'm hoping that doesn't backfire on me.

Anyway, thank you for replying and please when you find the recipe pm it to me!!!!

THX, you're a doll!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Amy

penguinprincess Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #5 of 9

May I have the recipe as well-- I LOVE carrot, and have been on the search for the perfect and ultimate CC recipe!

cakemommy Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 3:57am
post #6 of 9

She pm'd me the recipe! It sounds so gooooooood and so does her CC frosting!!!!!

You would think all Carrot Cake recipes would be the same but they aren't apparently!!!!! Her recipe has pineapple AND coconut in it!

thumbs_up.gif

Amy

bwhite131 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 9

The only carrot cake I have ever made was a bundt cake. It is called "Carrot Cake Suprise". The suprise is cream cheese middle. This is a very most heavy cake. I have never tried to make it in a different pan but here is the recipe.

1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cup sugare
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup oil
3 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup nuts (I use walnuts or almonds but any kind are fine)
Combine cream cheese, sugar, and egg, mixing until well blended. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Reserve 2 cups of batter. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan . Spoon cream cheese mixture next. Then add the reserve 2 cups of carrot batter. (It's okay if you see some of the cream cheese or it gets a bit swirled with the carrot mixture. Bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
Makes about 12 servings
bwhite

cakemommy Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 9

Oh, this one sounds great as well! Cream cheese in the middle! Oh yeah!!!

Thank you!

Amy

penguinprincess Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 9

Cream Cheese in the middle sounds heavenly!! I cannot wait to try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%