Anyone Use The Whimsical Bakehouse House Buttercream?

Decorating By danijus Updated 2 Oct 2011 , 10:17pm by pj22

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 12:33am
post #31 of 38

pj, you may want to try one of the four European buttercreams. I can't eat the Crisco.

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 12:54am
post #32 of 38

what does the meringue powder do for icing?

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 12:55am
post #33 of 38

I think it helps it crust but not entirely sure. FYI I did my own mixture of vanilla, almond and lemon for flavoring.

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 1:00am
post #34 of 38

I thought it was the crisco and powdered sugar that made it crust....I have a favorite BC icing that I use with butter and crisco that crusts, but have never used meringue powder...does it make it fluffier?

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 1:08am
post #35 of 38

lol, I don't really know. just like the way this buttercream tastes and goes on the cake.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 1:46am
post #36 of 38

dogluvr, meringue powder is usually used for its stabilizing qualities. I always add it to butter cream icing.

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 2:33am
post #37 of 38

I also add meringue powder to my buttercream to stabilize it and to fluff it up some, I think. As far as the Whimsical Bakehouse HOUSE Buttercream, it's my go-to filling recipe. I use it for almost all of my fillings and flavor it according to what the customer wants. It's not nearly as sweet as the crusting buttercream that I use on the outside of my cakes, so it really cuts the sugary sweetness of the overall cake. Plus, as a filling, I get all the yumminess inside the cake and can still use my crusting buttercream on the outside to smooth. PERFECT MARRIAGE!!!

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:17pm
post #38 of 38

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll try the decorator's buttercream recipe. Scp1127, I'm not comfortable using raw egg whites in the European buttercreams, even though the recipes say that the sugar syrup gets cooked to 240 F.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%