How To Decorate 3 Birthday Cakes With A Fractured Foot? Vent

Decorating By ashcake Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 10:33pm by ashcake

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 3

I fractured my foot June 21. I walked around on it for 2 weeks went back to the doctor. That is when I found out it was fractured. So I have been put in a cast. Well I was suppose to get it off Wedneday, but he told me 2 more weeks. icon_mad.gif I can't stay at home right now because I can't get into our house and I have a 2 year old DS that needs attention. I can't even cook his food and take it to the table. icon_confused.gif
Well my niece and nephews birthday party is next weekend. I have to do a cake for each of them. And my DH's BF's birthday is this Sunday, but were having him over next weekend for his birthday (my DH cooks a mean spaghetti). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this go smoothly? This is the first time I've ever had 3 cakes due in one weekend. My nephew wants a pizza (not hard got lots of ideas), my DH's BF wants a orange cake with 01 on it (not hard either), but my niece wants a princess castle cake (the one with the wilton kit). I have never used the kit. Does anyone have any suggestions?
How far in advance do you all bake and freeze your cakes? Any suggestions would be a great help!!!

TIA

2 replies
kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 3

I use a rolling desk chair to get around when my ankle is acting up. Works great but you have to make sure it's a good one though. The cheap chairs aren't tall enough.

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! Haven't thought about a rolling desk chair!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%