Great Scratch Cake Or Half/half Recipe

Baking By sweettreats36 Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 12:58am by sweettreats36

sweettreats36 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 6

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED BAKING CAKES AND SEEING THE FACES OF THOSE EATING THEM. BUT RECENTLY HAVING TO LEAVE MY JOB DUE TO HAVING ANOTHER BABY, I DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO START MY HOME BUSINESS BUT I'VE ALWAYS BAKED FROM BOXED MIXES AND I MYSELF CAN ALWAYS TASTE THAT BOX TASTE NO MATTER WHAT I SEEM TO ADD AND FEEL I CHEAT PEOPLE. CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO GET MY BUSINESS STARTED? IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPREACIATED!

5 replies
SeriousCakes Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 6

Well, I can help you with a great yellow cake recipe:

This is like a base recipe, you can swap out the vanilla flavoring and use a different extract (example-me and the kids used peppermint extract along with some vanilla-OH so good!!)

kakeladi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 6

My *Original;* WASC cake recipe is a wonderful cake based on a mix w/sour cream added.
Here's a link to where I have posted the recipe.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599677.html

sweettreats36 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 6

THANK YOU FOR YOR RESPONSE. THE RECIPES YOU GAVE SOUNDS GREAT! SERIOUS_CAKES YOU ARE VERY TALANTED. I AM RACING TO TRY THESE RECIPES NOW! icon_biggrin.gif

LoriMc Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:01am
post #5 of 6

I bumped a thread up for you in the "How Do I" section. We were discussing cake recipes earlier in the week, and there are some more recipes included in that thread.

If you like the idea of a doctored mix, my all time most requested is the Cake Mix Doctor's "Butter Cake" recipe.

Take 1 white cake mix (I use Pillsbury)
add 1 stick melted butter
1 cup milk
3eggs
2 tsp vanilla

I bake mine at 325....for a 9x13 it usually takes about 25 to 27 minutes. It's done when the sides pull away from the pan and a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs.

sweettreats36 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:58am
post #6 of 6

I finally have tried all the recipes. Now I don't know which one to chose icon_biggrin.gif My family loved them all and are split on which is best. I thought of using one for fondant covered cakes only and one for buttercream because of the different textures i found the cakes had and thought the more softer cake should have the buttercream frosting. does this make sense or am I just making more work for myself? icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%