Freezing Non-Dairy Whipped Cream

Decorating By mclaren Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 9:15am by mclaren

mclaren Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:44am
post #1 of 5

i made a no-bake strawberry cheesecake, which is in my freezer at the moment.

i plan to decorate it a bit with some non-dairy whipping cream. i would like to know, if i were to pipe the cream onto the cheesecake NOW, should i stuff the cheesecake back into the freezer when i'm done, or do i keep the cheesecake in the fridge only?

the cheesecake will be traveling 1.5hours in a car, tomorrow morning (in my country now it is quarter to 4pm) with a/c at full blast, will the whipping cream hold in the car before it reaches its destination?

TIA!!

4 replies
varika Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:54am
post #2 of 5

We've had great success in freezing non-dairy topping in my family, at least in the package. I can't see that it would hurt it to freeze it on the cake. And then it would certainly hold up to the car trip.

mclaren Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:03am
post #3 of 5

thanks varika.

however, i had just looked at the pack (1 quart pack) & it says "do not freeze". i'm not sure it is referring only to the unwhip cream (the cream is liquid) or the whipped as well.

let's say i whip the cream & pipe swirls etc onto the frozen cheesecake, can i still store the cheesecake in the fridge until 9am tomorrow? the point is, can a no-bake frozen cheesecake be stored in the fridge section hours prior to serving?

thanks again.

varika Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:38am
post #4 of 5

I can't really help you with the concept of the cheesecake in the fridge; I've never made a cheesecake at all, much less a no-bake cheesecake. I can say that it's going to be SOFTER if you put it in the fridge instead of the freezer, but how much softer, I'm not sure...

mclaren Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:15am
post #5 of 5

ok, i found something from whatscookingamerica.net:

Question:

I have some whipped, sweetened cream left over...can I freeze it. Thanks - Carolyn Wallace (12/14/01)

Answers:

Whipped cream freezes well but must be sweetened and flavored before freezing. Whipped cream should not be kept frozen longer than two months before using.
It may also be frozen and stored in individual servings. Make dollops of whipped cream on a piece of waxed paper and freeze. Then wrap each frozen portion individually in plastic wrap and put into freezer containers to store. These must also be used within two

-------------------------------------------------------

and this one is from kitchenhintsandtips.com:

FREEZING WHIPPED CREAM
You have just made the best dessert for the family and topped it with whipped cream.

Now that you are cleaning up you are trying to decide what to do with the left over whipped cream.

You hate to throw it away, but it does not store well in the refrigerator.

The answer is simple: freeze it.

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.

Spoon the whipped cream into mounds on the lined baking sheet and pop in the freezer.

Freeze until set, then cut apart the waxed paper and store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer until ready to serve. (No longer than 1 month)

Now, when you need whipped topping for a dessert, pull the number of whipped cream puffs that you need from the freezer, let sit at room temperature for 5-7 minutes, remove the waxed paper, and place on top of your dessert.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%