Posted Cakes

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 3:50am by JodieF

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #1 of 3

not to be a spoiler, but I thought we were not suppose to post any cakes with registered pictures or images. I have seen a lot of OSU, Disney, Pixar etc cakes. I have a few I would post but don't want to violate the forum's conditions. Can someone explain how Mickey can show up on a cake and not be a violations. Thanks, Mary

2 replies
AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:10am
post #2 of 3

I don't think it is a violation to post a cake with licenced characters on it. I have several in my photos.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 3

I think you may be confusing that it's not legal to sell cakes with copyrighted images with posting pictures of those cakes here. Here are the rules for Cake Central:

CakeCentral.com Photo Gallery Terms
You may only upload cake photos that belong to you.
Uploading copyright protected images without permission of the source is not allowed. And will result in having your photo gallery privileges revoked permanently.
Your MUST crop or blur out, all people's faces before uploading your photos. Uploading photos with people's faces, even your own face is a violation of Cakecentral.com's terms and your photo uploading privileges will be revoked.
It's OK to upload photos of cakes that utilize a person's face as part of the decoration. For example, if you made a cake that had a frosting sheet print out of someone's face. That is OK. That is part of the actual decoration of the cake and is acceptable.

Duplicate photos are not allowed.
You may upload 1 photo of a cake and choose the most appropriate photo gallery for that 1 photo. On occasion its OK to upload a different angle of your cake, but we prefer you only do that if it the other photo shows entirely different details of the cake, that are not visible at all in the other photo. Please try and limit any "different" angle photos to just 1, that way there are not more than 2 photos in the gallery of the 1 cake.

"Naughty" or Adult theme cakes
Adult themed cakes may ONLY be uploaded to the Naughty Cake category. Uploading adult themed cakes to any other area will result in you losing your photo gallery privileges permanently.

Do not upload photos of non-food items. Any photos of diaper cakes and/or other crafts/subjects will be deleted immediately

By uploading any photo to CakeCentral.com, you are granting CakeCentral.com (Cake Central, LLC) the right to publish or alter the photo on our public website, as well as any other areas of our content that we see fit. Including, but not limited to, the photo gallery, the Forums, Recipes, Articles and Newsletters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%