Tips On Selling Slices?

Decorating By Bethroze Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 5:30pm by Bethroze

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 9

icon_confused.gif My son wants to set up a lemonade stand, but we live on a road that probably wouldn't get much traffic. So, I told him we can set up a couple of tables at the Community Yard Sale and Open Air Market this Saturday. I figure if I put out cake slices for $1.50 and he has his lemonade for $.50, we should do a fair business. Are there any tips I should know before attempting this?

8 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 9

I live in Macon

Jibbies

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:52am
post #3 of 9

Don't know about your part of the country, but it has been horribly warm here. I would only have one or two slices on the table (on paper plates, covered in plastic wrap) with the rest chilling out in a cooler. Take them out as needed.

Best of luck to you!

deb

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:57am
post #4 of 9

Thats funny! my best friend lives in Warner Robins and my family lives in Gray!

Good luck at the sale!!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:02am
post #5 of 9

This sounds fun! Enjoy your "sale" say with your son.

Good Luck.

Metabea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Metabea Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #6 of 9

I'd say make sure you have a sanitizing lotion on the table. Before picking up the cups or the pitcher have him sanitize his hands. Make sure the lil one is clean because if most people see dirty they won't wanna buy cake. I look for pet hairs on clothes, snot from noses (along with other things put into them), hair hanging in the plates. I went to a yard sale last sat there was a lil boy there selling lemonade and there were no cups she went inside to grab a house cup for the poor man to drink his lemonade. What else could he do he drank it down and walked back to his car. I'm a dirt freak I've heard to many horror story's about peoples pets and their kitchens. You may be cleaner then the local hospital but no one driving up is gonna know that. Just the advice from a possible buyer icon_wink.gif

Hugs
Meta

Bethroze Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #7 of 9

The lemonade is made and the fresh lemons are sliced. I have baked, sliced, and wrapped four cakes; Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, Chocolate Heaven Cake with Mocha Cream Cheese Icing, Yellow Cake with Cocoa Butter Cream Icing, and Coconut Cake with Butter Cream Icing. Now, I just have to make myself get up at the crack of dawn to set up our table. icon_cry.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:29am
post #8 of 9

I wish you the VERY best of luck!!! Wish I was going to be up there - those all sound HEAVENLY!!

Bethroze Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 9

Anybody want a cake slice? icon_sad.gif We had a bust at the sale...

We got to downtown Byron a little after 7am, and decided to set up under the trees in the beautiful little park area where the artists were placing there booths. Unfortunately, everyone seemed to be visiting the yard sale tables in the hot sun along the railroad tracks. The guy next to us said that it was the slowest weekend for our area he had seen all summer. After two ours of no sales, we packed up all 64 cake slices and 6 gallons of lemonade and came home... What business lesson does this teach my 8 year old son? I really thought we had a good thing here. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%