Need A Bad4$$ Recipe That Will Blow People Away

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 8:33pm by momtofourmonkeys

Misdawn Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:13am
post #1 of 19

I'm going to a little community get-together tomorrow and would like to take a really awesome dessert with me. Any ideas?

18 replies
janelwaters Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 19

wow...narrow it down a little - do you want cake, cookies, brownies, pie etc.....

barefoot contessa has the BEST brownie recipe on foodnetwork.com - outrageous brownies. HOLY COW are they good!

smores bars - graham cracker crust with a dark chocolate ganache layer topped with marshmallows and toasted under the broiler - YUMMY

everything cookies - your favorite chocolate chip recipe but with chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, toffee bits, and mini marshmallows - totally addictive!

ok - I have like a MILLION more, so if those don't interest you, let me know and narrow it down a little, I'm sure we can come up with something for you and you will totally be the ROCK STAR of the picnic!

Misdawn Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:36am
post #3 of 19

Ok it needs to feed at least 10 people. I prefer something kinda simple to serve. Other than that, I really don't know....

janelwaters Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:43am
post #4 of 19

all three of those serve more than 10 people - the brownie and cookies are probably the easiest to serve, the cookies the easiest to make.

The smores are really good, but the graham cracker crust can be kinda crumbly and messy and marshmallow kinda sticky - they are so good and totally worth the "mess" - BUT I would go for the brownies if I were you. Its always my "go to" dessert when I'm not bringing cake. People have said that they are the best brownies they have ever had. They are really rich but OH SO good!!! Plus they freeze really well, so you could take 1/2 to the get together and freeze the other 1/2 for something else.

good luck - let me know what you decide to make.

jibbies Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:55am
post #5 of 19

At first I thought what in the world is a bad 4 dollar recipe icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jibbies

CakesByLJ Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:57am
post #6 of 19
janelwaters Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:01am
post #7 of 19

that is the one! I don't use the walnuts - I hope I don't get flamed for this one, but I am anti-nut in cookies, brownies, ice cream and cakes..... just my personal opinion - I don't like em!

I mean seriously - how can you go wrong with almost 2 pounds of chocolate, instant espresso and a pound of butter!!! YUMMY!!!!!

gateaux Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:04am
post #8 of 19

I have a really nice raspberry mousse with cake and ganache recipe that when I make from scratch it's gone in no time. PM me and I can send you the recipe. It's a bit long but oh so worth it.

Good Luck.

mcdonald Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:05am
post #9 of 19

wow!....!!!! those sounds wonderful!!!! I have to give those a try

CakesByLJ Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:06am
post #10 of 19

Thanks... I am going to print it out and will definately try it.. It sounds delish...
I am a nutty person icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif So, I will add them... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

For the OP.. bake your best cake recipe (with love) and knock their socks off!!

ThreeDGirlie Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:17am
post #11 of 19

My no-fail, simple, simple dessert to make is Fudge Crustota. It's a fudgy, chocolate almond pie that is SO GOOD. I cheat and use pillibury crust, and if I don't feel like straining raspberries for the syrup, I'll buy raspberry syrup (by Smuckers either with the breakfast syrup or with the ice cream toppings).

Fudge Crustota:
1 pie crust (lattice top optional)
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 C butter
2/3 C sugar
1 C ground almonds
1 egg
1 separated egg

* Melt chips + 2 T butter and stir.
* While choclate is melting, cream sugar and remaining butter.
* Add almonds, egg, egg yolk and chocolate mixture.

Fill pie shell with mixture. Top with pie crust lattice and brush with the egg white.

Serve with raspberry syrup.

Raspberry syrup:
12 oz package frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
3/4 C sugar
1 t lemon juice

Stir it all together and boil for 3 minutes. Cool. STRAIN.

trulyjulie Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:23am
post #12 of 19

OMG that chocolate almond crustota sounds sooooooo good.

charman Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #13 of 19

Okay, so glad the words espresso powder came up...where do you find this stuff????

I have looked at Walmart, Martin's, everywhere locally...is there a specific brand I need to look for...maybe that would help me locate it better. Is there a place online I can buy it?

Help...have several recipes now that call for it, but I can't find it....

ThreeDGirlie Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:37am
post #14 of 19

Gateaux, can I have your recipe? Pretty please? icon_wink.gif

janelwaters Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:03am
post #16 of 19

I just use instant coffee if I can't find the instant espresso. I think I got mine at Publix (grocery store).

dandelion56602 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #17 of 19

I too will use instant coffee if I can't get the espresso. My local cake shop has the espresso though, most of the time.

gateaux Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:29am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDGirlie

I pm'd you. Let me know if you can read the recipe or not.

Good Luck.

momtofourmonkeys Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 8:33pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDGirlie

I pm'd you. Let me know if you can read the recipe or not.

Good Luck.

I would love the recipe too! Thanks. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%