Need A Chocolate Cake Recipe...

Decorating By stnkrbll Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 12:26am by FromScratch

stnkrbll Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all. I am new to CC and love making cakes. I started out making them for my own kids parties when quickly everyone wanted their own. Anyhow long story short i am makign a topsy turvy cake for a friend of a friend. And the B-day Girl loves chocolate cake and i dont have a recipe... any help would be greatly appreciated!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks
Stephanie

5 replies
tracycakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:34am
post #2 of 6

Are you looking for a scratch or doctored cake mix recipe?

Several people have mentioned that the recipe on the Hershey's cocoa box is really good although I haven't tried it myself yet.

I made this one last week and it was really good:

Any chocolate cake mix (I used Pillsbury) prepared per package directions. In addition, add
1 egg
1 cup flour
8 oz. sour ceam
1 cup sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp. vanilla or other suited flavoring

It wasn't chocolately enough for me so I added 6 squares of unsweetened chocolate (melted and slightly cooled) and about 1/2 cup of cocoa.

This made it a denser flavor and the cocoa helped offset the added liquid of the chocolate.

The cake got rave reviews with my co-workers.

Edited to add: Welcome to Cake Central and your new addiction! icon_biggrin.gif It's a wonderful place for sharing and getting ideas!

stnkrbll Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 6

thank you very much for your reply. i will try that this weekend! thansk for the welcome as well. thumbs_up.gif

eatdessert1st Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:00am
post #4 of 6

This is my standard choc. cake recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE-LAYER-CAKE-101275

HTH,
Melanie Mc.

eatdessert1st Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 6

This is my standard choc. cake recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE-LAYER-CAKE-101275

HTH,
Melanie Mc.

FromScratch Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 12:26am
post #6 of 6

Ditto on the Double Chocolate Layer Cake on Epicurious.com.. it's my stand by chocolate cake too and it rocks. It's easy to make to since you combine the wet, combine the dry in a separate bowl, and then just dump the dry into the wet and mix it up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%