Cake + Dryer + Husband = (Take A Guess)

Decorating By clubcakes Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 9:16pm by Parable

clubcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clubcakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 12

My very first wedding cake....
I had baked my cakes and was allowing them to cool while I went to the rehearsal dinner (my niece was in wedding). Allowing them to cool on racks on the tops of my washer and dryer. Safe...or so I thought.
Upon returning to my driveway and parking the car, my husband met me with a look of death. I literally thought someone had died. He just kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry". I had to MAKE him tell me what happened.
...While remembering how stressed out I was, he decided to help me out and do some laundry while I was gone. He turned on the dryer and went outside. Came back in the door and thought, "why is there cake on the floor?". He fell to his knees and freaked out. Our Saint Bernard wouldn't go near the mess, but our dachsund had a field day!!
I just started to laugh. What else could I do? He told me later that he had called his friends to ask them what to do and they told him to LEAVE TOWN!
I stayed up until about 3:00 A.M. to finish-he helped too! Cake turned out great!
I will never forget my first wedding cake...NEITHER WILL MY HUSBAND!!! lol

11 replies
crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 12

roflol....

That is too funny!! Poor guy tries to help and ends up making a bigger mess!

I'm glad it turned out all right icon_smile.gif

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #3 of 12

That is too funny! So glad it turned out okay in the end but it will make a great story later on.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 12

that is so funny!! and so sweet!!! and such good advice from his friends! hahahaha

I bet he TOTALLY freaked out when he saw that cake on the floor. you are so much better than me - you laughed, I would have cried my eyes out!!

I'm so glad everything worked out and how smart is he to help you!!

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 12

I'm glad you could laugh about it - I probably would have cried. My husband tends to hang around the kitchen while I'm caking, so I put him to working washing up.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:10pm
post #6 of 12

Oh how I needed that laugh. I know it wasn't very funny but I understand, I have a black lab, husband and a dachund they would of done the same thing. I printed this out to give to my husband!!!! Thanks for the story.

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 12

I loved the story.. Good to know everything turned out well. And i also laughed a lot to his friends' advice!!!LOL

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 12

That is too funny! I can only imagine his face - poor thing.

My DH won't step foot in the utility room when I have cakes cooling in there-he is absolutely terrified something will happen to the cake while he's in there and I'll blame him.

Kudos to you for not killing him icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:09am
post #9 of 12

Leave town. lol

you're husband is a sweetie. glad you can both laugh at it. icon_smile.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:50pm
post #10 of 12

Bless his little heart. God love him...his friends said leave town. LOL that is a hoot. Glad you were able to make more and get the job done.

Hugs to both of you!

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:10pm
post #11 of 12

I was laughing at his friends remark and my hubby came over to see what i was laughing about. I asked him what he would have done-- he said-- LEAVE TOWN! with horror in his eyes!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:16pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinprincess

I was laughing at his friends remark and my hubby came over to see what i was laughing about. I asked him what he would have done-- he said-- LEAVE TOWN! with horror in his eyes!

ditto with my DH too. This was the funniest part of the whole story. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%