Fixing Pastry Bag

Decorating By grams Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 12:25am by cuteums

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 6

The seam of my Wilton 14 in. pastry bag came loose. I like the flexibility of of the bag so I'd like to fix it if I can. What kind of glue can I use that is food safe and flexible? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

5 replies
nia0524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nia0524 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 6

I would just suggest throwing it away and purchasing another one. icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 6

I agree. It has lost it's tensil strength in the area of the hole, and will continue to open, no matter what you do to try and keep it closed.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:00am
post #4 of 6

Sorry grams, it's time to toss it and buy a new one. They don't last forever unfortunately. icon_sad.gif

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:07am
post #5 of 6

I tried this and it did not work. As soon as you attempt a few washes they fall apart again. I agree with everybody else, time for a new one!

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:25am
post #6 of 6

This is a quick fix - basically a one time use fix if it breaks in the middle of decorating and you don't have time or can't get another one right away. I use white surgical tape (the fabric kind) on the outside. I have only used it on the outside of the disposable bags when I get those annoying squirt leaks near the coupler and I don't want to start over with a new bag. I throw it away after that so i don't think it would hold up to washing. I hope the surgical tape is safe - I figured it was since it is sterile to start with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%