Toffee And Chocolate Filling?!!!has Anyone Heard Of This?

Decorating By aminaz Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 1:24am by mcdonald

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 8

a client has requested a sponge cake with toffee flavoured cream and chocolate as a filling. i've never tasted or heard of this combination before. how do i do this so thit it will taste yummy!

7 replies
Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure but I looooove toffee and chocolate, so I'm looking forward to the answers! icon_biggrin.gif

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 8

I had to make a chocolate cake with Nutella and toffee bits. It tasted great, but Nutella has a hazel nut/chocolate flavor. Maybe you could make a ganache and put the toffee bits into it. As far as a toffee cream. Maybe you could flavor the ganache with some capuccino syrup in a toffee flavor.

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 8

You could make a toffee-flavored custard, then fold with some whipped cream to make a fluffy cream if they want it lighter. Then spread ganache thinly on each side of the layers and the custard in the center.

I love toffee custard, very rich though. Hope you find what works for them and you! icon_smile.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:33am
post #5 of 8

I did an IMBC in white chocolate with those Heath toffee bits folded in and it was fantastic. If you're going for a lighter texture you could use Pastry Pride or something like that flavored chocolate. The Faux Bavarian Mousse in chocolate flavor with the toffee bits would be good. HTH

diabolicdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diabolicdesire Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #6 of 8

World Market sells a chocolate caramel spread similar to nutella that I've used as a cake filling, it is yummy !!! I bet if you mixed in some crushed heath bar it would be awesome. You could prob fold it insome whipped cream to make it lighter. Mmm...I might have to bake a cake and experiment myself.

ebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebear Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #7 of 8

What about a Skor bar crushed with either ganache or BC? Toffee and chocolate sounds YUMMY!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #8 of 8

these combos sound yummy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%