Toffee And Chocolate Filling?!!!has Anyone Heard Of This?

Decorating By aminaz Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 1:24am by mcdonald

aminaz Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 8

a client has requested a sponge cake with toffee flavoured cream and chocolate as a filling. i've never tasted or heard of this combination before. how do i do this so thit it will taste yummy!

7 replies
Tootall Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure but I looooove toffee and chocolate, so I'm looking forward to the answers! icon_biggrin.gif

Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 8

I had to make a chocolate cake with Nutella and toffee bits. It tasted great, but Nutella has a hazel nut/chocolate flavor. Maybe you could make a ganache and put the toffee bits into it. As far as a toffee cream. Maybe you could flavor the ganache with some capuccino syrup in a toffee flavor.

sadiepix Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 8

You could make a toffee-flavored custard, then fold with some whipped cream to make a fluffy cream if they want it lighter. Then spread ganache thinly on each side of the layers and the custard in the center.

I love toffee custard, very rich though. Hope you find what works for them and you! icon_smile.gif

Franluvsfrosting Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:33am
post #5 of 8

I did an IMBC in white chocolate with those Heath toffee bits folded in and it was fantastic. If you're going for a lighter texture you could use Pastry Pride or something like that flavored chocolate. The Faux Bavarian Mousse in chocolate flavor with the toffee bits would be good. HTH

diabolicdesire Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #6 of 8

World Market sells a chocolate caramel spread similar to nutella that I've used as a cake filling, it is yummy !!! I bet if you mixed in some crushed heath bar it would be awesome. You could prob fold it insome whipped cream to make it lighter. Mmm...I might have to bake a cake and experiment myself.

ebear Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #7 of 8

What about a Skor bar crushed with either ganache or BC? Toffee and chocolate sounds YUMMY!

mcdonald Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #8 of 8

these combos sound yummy

Quote by @%username% on %date%