Aack! I Hope They Fall...

Decorating By ThreeDGirlie Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 3:01am by margaretb

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 7

Today is my first time working with WASC. I'm baking in 9" rounds and usually end up with kind of small layers... So I decided to overfill my pans AND to collar them.

Right now my 2" deep pans have been in the oven (at 325) for an HOUR and are still not done in the middle. And the cake inside is over 3" tall. I wanted nice, tall cakes, but this one will end up over 6" tall if these cakes don't fall some. GAH!

6 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 7

Naw...don't wish for them to fall! Just think of the yummy trimmings you'll get to eat when you cut them down to size!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 7

OK, finished product is about 2 1/2" tall, but I definitely need to trim about 1/2" from the top... I think in additioan to Elmo cake, and chocolate dipped oreos and marshmallows, we'll have cake-balls at DS's birthday party next weekend!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 7

Well....if they're too tall, you can always lop some off the top, at least! icon_lol.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 7

yummy. i wan't to come! icon_lol.gif

SBOG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SBOG Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 7

You can also think of all the cake balls you can make. I made my first batch the other night and sent them off with my husband for a work potluck he was having and they were a hit!

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #7 of 7

I made WASC for the first time two days ago to test it for a wedding cake I offered to make, and I was floored at how tall and fluffy it cooked up. I have to do an experiment to see if I can use that WASC with my regular chocolate cake recipe to make a marble cake, but I don't think it will work that well, since my chocolate cake only rises a little bit. Oh well, DH will be very popular at work if he gets to keep bringing in my leftover cake experiments.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%