Devil And Angel Themed Cupcakes For A 21St Bday..

Decorating By serenelui Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 7:17am by serenelui

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all... a friend is celebrating her 21st birthday and i thought of doing some cupcakes for her. Her theme is devil and angel and i was wondering how to decorate the cupcakes for her. I wanted something other than having a swirly cupcake with devils horns and wings on it... but don't know what else to do... anyone has any ideas?

6 replies
SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 7

It sounds like a fun idea. I think I would do devil's faces and angels. Wilton had some cute mini cakes that were angels for their holiday stuff in one of their yearbooks. They were adorable.

I would make the batter red for the devil cupcakes and white for the angels.

Good luck!

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:12am
post #3 of 7

How about doing devil's food cupcakes and angel's food cupcakes. They wouldn't have to be decorated like devil's or angels. You could go all out and make some over the top chocolaty devil's food and then have some very light mini angel cakes with a simple lemon glaze.

serenelui Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:40am
post #4 of 7

Hi Marysmom and SugaredUp.. those are great ideas. Will definitely be splitting the cakes into 2 kinds.. was thinking of possible using red velvet cupcakes for the devil and as Marysmom said, angel food cupcakes for angels. icon_smile.gif
As for the devils faces and angels.. i'm having problems with that :p i haven't managed to find any simple to do devil faces and as for the angels.. i've only seen the cherub on the wilton website.. but am worried that it would be too big to fit on the cupcakes icon_sad.gif
I want something visually that will scream her theme at first glance and make her go wow! you know what i mean? icon_smile.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alexamay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alexamay Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:43am
post #6 of 7

I'm not really sure what you want the devil to look like, but I was thinking maybe doing the devil faces out of fondant? Or I suppose you could do them out of BC but here's a picture of a devil face - Okay, it's actually the whole body but you could just use the face. http://www.clipartreview.com/_gallery/_TN/r_943.jpg

And here's an angel face.

http://grainedit.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/angel-bulb.jpg

serenelui Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:17am
post #7 of 7

hi dragonflydreams.. thanks for the links... i didn't see the angel wings one when i was searching in the gallery previously icon_smile.gif

Alexamay, thanks for the pictures... i prefer to use fondant as i am really bad at piping.. but i like your idea of using the cupcakes and making them look like faces of the devil or angel using fondant.. hmm.. thats quite a good idea icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%