Texasrose's Icecream Scoop Cookies

Baking By abslu Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 5:53pm by TheCakerator

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 10

So I made these last night with raspberry jello. They are SO yummy, especially with the chocolate on them!! YUM!! My only problem is that they spread out some when they were baked! The recipe says that they aren't supposed to spread, so I was wondering what I did wrong! icon_confused.gif The only thing I can really think of is that my baking powder isn't as fresh as my other ingredients. Everything else is less than a week old. I am at a higher altitude also, maybe that had something to do with it?? I also wondered if using butter instead of margarine would make any difference?
Input would be wonderful!!!
And THANKS TexasRose - these are WAY too cute, and they have such a unique flavor.
LL

9 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 10

They look yummy I hope you share your recipe

Molly2

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 10

I'm glad you liked them.

Mine didn't spread...I'm not sure what the difference could be. I use an insulated baking sheet if that matters. My baking powder probably wasn't that fresh either. Maybe the altitude? I found some info about baking at a higher altitude and recipe adjustments in case it helps http://www.swcoloradohome.com/articles/food/020114_b.asp

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 10

i know when i make cho chip cookies they spread more with butter than with margarine. Maybe that the cause?

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 10

Those are way cute! Where did you find the recipe is on CC?

Thanks

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks TexasRose, I'll look into that!!

missmikey - if you do a search for "Ice Cream Scoop Cookies" you'll find the recipe! They're so yummy!! My co-workers are currently enjoying them. icon_biggrin.gif

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you TexasRose. I can't wait to try them.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 10

these sound really simple to make, right up my alley! Anyways, I noticed on the recipe it said to "shape" *see below* I didn't see any picture posted and was wondering what you meant by "shape"? Thanks ..

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakerator

these sound really simple to make, right up my alley! Anyways, I noticed on the recipe it said to "shape" *see below* I didn't see any picture posted and was wondering what you meant by "shape"? Thanks ..

I used a round tablespoon measuring spoon. A cookie scoop would have been better but I don't have one. I left some edges on to give it the ice cream look.
LL

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 5:53pm
post #10 of 10

yeah, those are really cute, I think I will make some for a family reunion! They don't have to be put in the fridge or anything right? Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%