Filling For Cupcakes?

Decorating By basketlacey Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 1:21pm by Shanille21

basketlacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basketlacey Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make some cupcakes for a cake booth at our church picnic. I wanted to do some sort of take on a hostess cupcake. I was thinking devil's food with chocolate frosting and then pipe a little white bc swirl on top. What do I use for filling? I was thinking bc would be too sweet. Anyone have any good recipes for me?

2 replies
GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 3

Bettercreme is a great filling for chocolate cupcakes. I just tried it for the first time recently. I bought it at a cake store in Cincinnati. All you do is whip it til it is the right consistency. I used the Wilton cupcake kit, which has the long skinny tip for filling, and it was very easy.

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 3

if you wanted a fillin gto tase just like the filling inside a hostess cupcake i use this one from paula deen

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/two-brothers-chocolate-gobs-recipe/index.html

is a nice smmothe filling but not too sweet... really good.

i also love nutella... there is a mousse and b/c recipe here so you can search for that....goes great with chcoclate cupcake.

i would just let people know there is hazlenut spread in the middle incase they are allergic.

HTH

~Shannon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%