Mickey Mouse Theme Idea??

Baking By cassi_g16 Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 12:15am by kimsmom

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:46am
post #1 of 14

I was thinking maybe some toodles (from mickey mouse club house) I am having some problems finding a mickey mouse cookie cutter though. I guess if nothing else I could do regular rounds and do The design in the center? ANY ideas are more than welcome!

13 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:58am
post #3 of 14

Make one large round cut-out and two smaller round cut-outs. Put the smaller ones touching the edge of the bigger one where the ears should be. Insta-mouse.

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 14

I have mickey mouse pancake molds that would work that I got at Disney world. See if they have those on e-bay

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 14

I got some mickey head cookie on a stick pans on ebay. They make really cute cookies. When we were at Disney for the convention I got a mickey head regular cookie cutter - it was only $5 (expensive for a cookie cutter - cheap for disney world!)

I highly recommend starting at ebay!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 14

I made my own MM cutter, not so bad, don't you think?

I just painted the black parts, the face is the "naked" cookie.
LL

cassi_g16 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 14

Thank you all so much! I have never made my own cookie cutter before I would be a little scared to do that! If I do the large round and two small rounds How would I connect them? It they are placed touching when backing will the mesh toghether? Wouldn't there still be a weak spot?

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #8 of 14

I baked two pieces together with no problems...

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:19am
post #9 of 14

ebay is a great place to look. or laughingplace.com
for ideas here is what i did for my daughters mickey mouse clubhouse party last year.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=kmr80hl.37uneovd&x=1&y=ik7prc&localeid=en_US

cassi_g16 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:36am
post #10 of 14

I love the Rice krispy treats! Did you just dip the ears in chocolate or did you pipe it on there?

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm
post #11 of 14

we started with dipping& it was just too much chocolate it was way too heavy for the sticks. so we piped it on. by then i was a in a major hurry so it wasn't the best piping i have ever done. you can get the sprinkles on ebay too, they have them in different colors & they are really cheap for a good amount.
Val icon_smile.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 3:18pm
post #12 of 14

Hi! Just a quick thought - you can do light imprints with the rounds on very chilled dough and then cut out the image all the way through with a sharp, fine bladed knife. That worked well on my fireworks cookies with the star on top as it was two cutter shapes combined. Just don't do the imprint too deep. Hope that helps!

MikkelPaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikkelPaige Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:49pm
post #13 of 14

They do in fact make a Mickey Mouse head silhouette cookie cutter. I do know they sell it at the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #14 of 14

If you are going to bake two cutouts together here's what I do that might help:
To give yourself more surface that will stick together, use the smaller round cutter (ear) and cut two small crescents where you want the ears to go into the large round cookie (head) and place the ears into these cutouts, like a puzzle and then bake. It doesn't have to be much at all. This gives a better bond. I do this whenever I'm joining two cutouts together. Hope this makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%