Airbrush Colors

Decorating By mediamaster92 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm by PinkZiab

mediamaster92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mediamaster92 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:34am
post #1 of 6

Ok so is there anyway to make some kind of airbrush colors that wont clog up an airbrush?

5 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:00am
post #2 of 6

it's easier if you just buy food colors made for airbrushing.

mediamaster92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mediamaster92 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:06am
post #3 of 6

ya but im not sure if there is any place to buy it locally, so im wondering if there is anything i can put in my airbrush to test it out untill the colors arrive in the mail. could i just color some alchohal?

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 6

You can color water, just don't color it with gel or paste icing color is better with the liquid colors that you buy at the grocery store.

But colored water wont give you the same results as the airbrush colors.

peg91170 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg91170 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 6

I was wondering the same thing. The closest place for me to buy airbrush colors is 30 miles away. I drove down there and bought one bottle of color just to practice, but I was wondering if there's someway to make colors on my own.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 6

If you use gel colors you can thin them with alcohol but you have to make them thin (basically tinting the alcohol but not increasing its viscosity significantly). You can use paste colors, but they are harder to dissolve completely and you're more apt to have clogs. You can also use luster dust in alcohol but this is VERY prone to clogging if the consistency isn't right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%