Mechanical Cake That Turns...any Ideas?

Decorating By lutie Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 1:33am by lutie

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 6

Need help from the only ones who understand... I am making a Mustang GT cake out of Rice Krispies and it shall be on top of a sheet cake. I need the car to turn around and around... like you see in a car showroom or at a car show (of which I have never been icon_wink.gif )

Does anyone out there know how to do this? I know it would have to be on a type of turntable, but how does one who is mechanically inept do this?

Please ask your husbands if they have an idea... there is no one in my life that would know how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

lutie

5 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:19am
post #2 of 6

OMG!! Excellent idea!! And he funny thing is, I purchased a rotating serving tray at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and my hubby was swearing up and down that I'd never use it and here you are with an awesome idea!!1 So if you have a wal-mart near you, look for GE rotating serving tray... I think it was $30... it's round, but I guess if you wanted it square you could make it look square by kinda building a "box top" .... fun fun...

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:26am
post #3 of 6

You could purchase a gear with a motor on it.
Either Radio Shack or any hobby shop should be able to help you out.

Or you might want to take a walk in the kids toys aisle and took for toys that do this motion. There might be really small ones that would work.

I am sure that there will be some really savy people that will post some really innexpensive solutions.

Good Luck.

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #5 of 6

Perfect joaaaann!!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:33am
post #6 of 6

What fabulous ideas! I will try each one and see which works. There has to be one which will be work for the cake!

Thank you all so much!

lutie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%