Questions About Chocolat Covered Strawberries

Decorating By abra526 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 12:20am by gabbenmom

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a cake for my friend for her college graduation. Her favorite color scheme is brown and teal. I was wondering if anyone has ever used colored candy melts to dip strawberries? I was thinking of doing a two tiered round, covered in choc buttercream, then topped with chocolate strawberries. I want to incorporate the teal in it somehow, and i was thinking maybe on the strawberries themselves??

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 6

yep....that's all I use for berry dipping.

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 6

Make sure your berries are VERY dry before dipping them in chocolate.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:15am
post #4 of 6

I am not sure if this would mess up the chocolate but my thought is to make tuxedo strawberries, but add a twist by adding teal coloring to the white chocolate so the shirt underneath is teal.

HTH!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:18am
post #5 of 6

That was one of the first things I ever did with candy melts! All we did was, after washing the strawberries, dry them on paper towels until they were nice and dry. Then we dipped and hardened on waxed paper. ....the ones that didn't go straight into Mom's mouth, that is!

We used milk chocolate but the colors are just the same, if you can get teal go for it.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:20am
post #6 of 6

Another idea, dip them in your milk and white chocolates adn decorate them with teal candy melts. I love choco strawberries!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%