What Would You Do

Decorating By justgale Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm by mouse13

justgale Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 4

Fist off let me state this is for an order at Winn Dixie so it needs to be grocey store style. I HATE it when people order one sheet cake and want two diffrent sceans on it, because it's cheeper then ordering two seperate cakes. icon_mad.gif That being said this one is for a boy 4 or 5 and a little girl 6. I suggested Dora and Migual (I think that is the male conterpart. May not be spelled right though) thinking I could combine the two. Nope I was told she has already outgrown Dora. Then I was thinking camo. I could do her side shades of pink and lt. gray and his more geens and tans. I could add army men to the little boys side but what would I add to the girls side? Any suggestions?

The other thoughts I had was maybe doing a waterfall down the middle of the cake and on one side doing mermaids and pirates on the other. I'm no good at molding fondant though (can't at work anyway) so I would have to find some cheep little toys somewhere.
Anyone have any good suggestions or other ideas or pictures for me? Any help would be appericated. I'm suppose to meet back with the client on Saturday and present her with some ideas. She didn't really tell me what the kids are into.

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 4

If you do the camo maybe put a purse & lipstick etc on the girls side?
I like the idea of the waterfall w/toys on it.
Good luckicon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 4

As a girl who always had to share my b-day cake with my brother I would highly suggest to the client to PLEASE, for the sake of her children - order 2 cakes (I'm 34 and STILL bitter!) But, if she won't I like the lipstick/purse girly stuff on the camo. I also like the "ocean" theme.

when you meet with her, I would just ask what they were into - that should give you something more to go on.

Good luck!!

mouse13 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4

With the camo I would do some camo clothes on the girl side along with a purse. The mom might not like the makeup part. Are you could have a gi joe with pink camo on on the girls side and green on the boys. The waterfall idea is also great. What about a princess and prince cake. One side blue the other pink and have crowns on both sides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%