Drums, Wine, Chocolate....

Decorating By danar217 Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 4:56am by varika

danar217 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 5

Any ideas on how to combine the three? I'm making a 40th cake and the theme is Brian's favorite things...which are chocolate, wine and drums. I don't have to include all things, but I'd like too. The cake will be chocolate with chocolate icing. It has to travel and I won't be there to set anything up, so something stable. Any ideas?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 5

Well I was thinking of a drum set (3-d) w/a glass &/or bottle of wine made of choco until you said it would travel icon_sad.gif
My next best idea would be a sheet w/frosting sheet or fbct of the three things. Maybe make them out of choco (mini 3-d) on a sheet?

danar217 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:10am
post #3 of 5

Anything else?

okiechefmom Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:44am
post #4 of 5

How about maybe.......Make a round cake, fairly tall, decorated to look like a drum, then on the side leaning against it you could do a fondant, or even plastic probably, bottle of wine, chocolate shavings or chuncks. That should travel fairly well I would think, but give a little more 3-D look.

varika Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #5 of 5

A round cake, done up liek a drum, with the "logo" on the skin a wine bottle would be pretty much perfectly stable, I'd think?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%