I Need Help With A Cheesecake

Baking By feliciangel Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 3:42am by feliciangel

feliciangel Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 7

I tried this cheesecake that my uncle orders from a lady at his job and she makes the best cheesecake, well there is this one in particular that he loves and I want to learn how to make it for him

its a strawberry cheesecake and it taste a lot like strawberry ice cream. the cheesecake itself is mixed with a strawberry flavoring (there no strawberry chunks or seed so I don't think its a puree) . The consistency is a cross between no bake cheesecake and pudding.

I hoping that you guys could help me out .

thanks in advanced

6 replies
feliciangel Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:08am
post #2 of 7

can anybody help me? icon_cry.gif

feliciangel Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:13am
post #3 of 7

nobody has any ideas??? something, anything.

maryjsgirl Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 7

I use to make a low carb "cheesecake" when I was on Atkins. It may be something that you are looking for. I am sure you could use regular gelatin without a problem.

2 packages sugar-free gelatin -- any flavor (I used strawberry)
2 cups boiling water
16 ounces cream cheese -- softened

Combine gelatin powder and boiling water. Stir till dissolved. Set aside, but do not chill.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.

Slowly drizzle in hot gelatin water, beating continuously.

When all gelatin is incorporated, taste a bit and decide if it will be sweet enough. (Remember, this is served cold, so even if it is sweet enough now, it may still be a bit on the tart side after it chills.) If you are adding sweetener, now is the time to do that. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat an additional one minute.

Pour mixture into 9" square pan and chill until set.

Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 7

I have a recipe out of the PHILIDELPHIA BRAND CREAM CHEESE KRAFT COOKBOOK (Great book to own icon_surprised.gif ) It does have frozen straberries in it, but maybe you can play around with it. Like using flavored jello and omit the frozen strawberries.

1 cup grahm craker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons margaring, melted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 8-oz. package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 10-oz package frozen straberries, thawed
Milk (doest say how much)
1 cup whipped cream, whipped

Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine/ press onto bottom of 9-inch sptingfoam pan. Bake at 325 degrees, 10 min. cool.

Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat untill dissolved. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electricmixer untel well blended. Drain strawberries, reserving liquid. Add enough milk to liquid to measure 1 cup. Gradually add combined milk mixture and gelatin to cream cheese, mixing until blended. Chill untill slightly thickened. Fold in whipped cream and strawberries; pour over crust. Chill until firm.
10 to 12 servings
VARIATION
Substitue 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 2 tbls sugar and 2 tbls margarine for gram cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine.

Hope that helps.
Julisa

maryjsgirl Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 7

Here is a link with a similar recipe using cool whip and there is a picture.

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/guests/recipeID/4259/Recipe.cfm

feliciangel Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #7 of 7

thank you guys for helping me.

that site might be exactly what I'm looking for

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%