Decorating Classes In New Jersey?

Decorating By luvtocreate Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 4:11am by stephaniescakenj

luvtocreate Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 2

HI,

I have taken the Wilton classes in Michael's. I was wondering if any of you know of any other places that offer classes other than the Wilton classes in New Jersey. (I always see posts on classes in Texas for ex. and how exciting they sound.) I would love to learn new techniques but can't really afford to travel too far. Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

Linda

1 reply
stephaniescakenj Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:11am
post #2 of 2

Hi Linda, I'm in NJ too. I joined the NJ cake decorators club a few months ago. they have monthly demos. I haven't had a chance to attend one yet but two months ago they did a wine bottle demo, last month was gumpaste baby booties and this month is a carved dog that is airbrushed. I wanted to do the dog demo but another member is holding a class on gumpaste flowers around the same time and my husband can only handle the kids for so long : ). I hope I can make the next one. here's the link:
http://cakedecorating.meetup.com/142/

I've been hovering over the michael's classes for two years now and I haven't signed up for it yet. did you find it useful, is it worth the time and money? I'm terrified of fondant and really could use some instruction.

If you find any other classes, please let me know.

-Steph

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%