Full Moon Or Does Everyone Have Pms?

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm by bobwonderbuns

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:04pm
post #31 of 80

The "which boxed mix" thread is not so bad, but forget the "scratch vs. mix" ones. Holy crap the claws come OUT in those threads - even if you are not (admittingly) taking sides! Women can get PRETTY defensive and judgemental icon_lol.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:17am
post #32 of 80

If you really want to get things going, steal some photographs from the site and post them as your own.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:21am
post #33 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

There are a few others which I cannot remember - anyone want to add to the list?

ooooh! ooooh!! pickme! pick me! She said, wildly waving her hand up in the air from the back of the room!

licensed vs unlicensed (and the predictable discussion on "I've seen legal restaurants dirtier than my kitchen!") icon_lol.gif

and the always popular.... Pets in the Kitchen!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

and the ever so popular copyright question...i decided i will never post to this subject again....and i'm so much happier.

some people are just lookin for something to get offended about.....i guess i get most upset about the peeps who get offended at the regulars, i don't email them or anything, but after seeing them on the board for so long i feel like we're friends.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:55am
post #34 of 80

I don't affend easily...but I love to read everyone's opinions. I just don't like when people are obviously cruel (especially to newbies who ask a simple, although repetitive, question). Luckily those people don't seem to last too long here.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #35 of 80

Amusingly enough, at least in my area, it's the NEW moon tonight.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:16am
post #36 of 80

I agree with TexasSugar. I often start to write something and sit on it for a while and then I drop it because the moment has passed and I am sure that I would have just fed the flames. (Which I have done on occasion..... sorry).

There are a few other topics you need to avoid:

Debates on personalities or TV shows... like Ace of Cake and others.
Rude people... those can also really get heated.... Rude kids... Kids are my world at the moment so I read these

That's all I can think of for now.

To find these run away treads look a the posts with the highest views and posts on them that do not have "cake topics" per say. Those might be some good read only topics!

Good Luck.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:29am
post #37 of 80

Actually this site has way less drama then any other site I have been on. Mommy sites are the worst, lol.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #38 of 80

Forbidden threads, you say? Let's add the ever famous Topsy Turvy Cakes to that list. icon_rolleyes.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:14pm
post #39 of 80

Ooh Ooh I have a good one!

Did anyone mention Legal Kitchen vs Baking from Home Without a License?

Duck and cover!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #40 of 80

icon_lol.gif You guys are too funny!!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:45pm
post #41 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Im sure the customer service rep at William Sonoma would agree with you. Bought a couple of items yesterday and was charged five times for it.

I had issues with them too!! Ackk! Except they charged me full price instead of the sales price. $90 instead of $40. What in the world? Although, I lucked out and the first sales person solved it for me. My luck has definitely changed from a few month's ago. Stupid Columbia gas and carpet company. Fume Fume tapedshut.gif

Honestly, though, just the other day I was thinking about how pleasantly nice the treads have been lately. I really haven't seen any heated threads like we had last fall. Now last fall was awfuuuuuulllll. I really think people have been behaving themselves. thumbs_up.gif

nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #42 of 80

I think part of the problem is the written word itself. You can usually hear sarcasm in the spoken word but not in the written word. When you are speaking the emphasis on a particular word or the inflection of your voice can give a different meaning to what you are saying. Reading the same thing leaves it open to interpretation and we all take things differently.

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:09pm
post #43 of 80

BUT WE ALL KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS YELLING IN A POST!!!
Oooops, did I leave the caps lock on? icon_lol.gif

SweetResults Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:29pm
post #44 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by APrettyCake

BUT WE ALL KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS YELLING IN A POST!!!
Oooops, did I leave the caps lock on? icon_lol.gif

RUN FOR COVER!!! You're gonna get it!

icon_biggrin.gif Hee Hee!

Maybe we should make a rule that sarcasm must be typed in Purple? Flames in Red, sob stories in Blue, jealousy stories in Green?

Everyone would have to print out a list of what each color would mean to make sure you did not make a mistake.....

(for the record this whole post should have been typed in PURPLE!)

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm
post #45 of 80

I try to think carefully before I post now. I typed something thoughtless once and got flamed beyond belief on another sight. It scared the heck out of me. My motto is be careful, be kind and try to be helpful - afterall isn't that what this site is all about?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #46 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahaley

I think part of the problem is the written word itself. You can usually hear sarcasm in the spoken word but not in the written word.

Ah heck, I just try to be sarcastic all the time and it removes the question! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #47 of 80

I am always, always late to the parties. The most unlikely threads get locked ...I just like reading the progression of them to see when it took the dreaded left turn. lol

I've never noticed the "which box mix" or the topsy turvy cake ones...what in the world is controversial about that?

I have one that has not been listed yet, I think because, miraculously, it has not been posted in awhile. At least not that I've seen. Progress?

*drum roll*

"Why are people looking at my cake pics and not commenting?"

Talk about Thrilla in Manila! Look out! icon_lol.gif

SweetResults Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #48 of 80

Acck! Ironbaker - good one!!!!

(why ARE people looking at my cake pics and not commenting anyway?)

KIDDING! icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm
post #49 of 80

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm usually just a lurker on these threads..... icon_redface.gif I do like to see where the detour happened though!!!! icon_razz.gificon_confused.gif

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:45pm
post #50 of 80

This board is so tame compeared to my mom board... Moms tend to be 100% right about all of te parenting decisions they make, and if you think differently then you are WRONG. Or, if your view is different, then obviously you must be saying that THEY are wrong and you are trying to be offensive.

I love watching the box vs scratch "discussions" here though. It's funny because I do both and I see nothing wrong with either one as long as you end up with a good cake in the end. I have my tried and true scratch recipes (like my mom's chocolate "cocoa fudge cake" that is so moist and yummy) that I wouldn't trade for anything... But I can't make a white cake that isn't drier than cardboard to save my life, so in comes the WASC. I just don't see why someone choosing one over the other could possible be offensive. <shrug>

TxBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxBlonde Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #51 of 80

If you think it gets heated on here you should see my bf's motocycle forum! Guys are worse than women when it comes to their toys. I always hear the latest drama about someone talking smack about the other ones bike. It gets pretty ridiculous!

Oh and let me add...

How many women with PMS does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One. ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They donât even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldnât be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that theyâve been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS.

But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!

ITâS A WONDER WE HAVENâT ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE

THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... Iâm sorry... what did you ask me?

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #52 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlonde

One. ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They donât even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldnât be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that theyâve been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS.

But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!

THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... Iâm sorry... what did you ask me?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROTFLMBO!!!!!!! how true.....how true!!!!

( Please raise your hand if this has happened to you....or your family for that matter!!!! icon_smile.gif

.... Standing and raising both hands high!!!! icon_lol.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:59pm
post #53 of 80
Quote:

If you think it gets heated on here you should see my bf's motocycle forum! Guys are worse than women when it comes to their toys. I always hear the latest drama about someone talking smack about the other ones bike. It gets pretty ridiculous!

Oh and let me add...

. . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif thanx for my morning laugh . . . good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee yet . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #54 of 80

The mommy forums are really the worst for arguing. It's worse than high school, with the "she said, she said" and the mean little comments and the instant message marathons and the tearful emails and the spinoff forums, and the signing up with different names to flame the people they're mad at or post offensive materials. Compared to that, Cake Central is a haven of peace and learning.

Sometimes it's funny to watch people argue...more often it's sad because then they get upset and leave, taking their knowledge and advice away with them.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:22pm
post #55 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

The mommy forums are really the worst for arguing. It's worse than high school, with the "she said, she said" and the mean little comments and the instant message marathons and the tearful emails and the spinoff forums, and the signing up with different names to flame the people they're mad at or post offensive materials. Compared to that, Cake Central is a haven of peace and learning.

Sometimes it's funny to watch people argue...more often it's sad because then they get upset and leave, taking their knowledge and advice away with them.

Not to mention the cliques and gangs that apparently if you aren't a member of you just aren't anyone. I had to step away from my mommy board for a while because it was so much like highschool I felt like it was 1991 again! I like my CC better, flaws and all! We are MUCH nicer here. icon_smile.gif

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm
post #56 of 80

Oh yeah, the mom's board on weight watchers-hungry moms! They can argue about literally anything. Maybe my lack of weight loss success is that I find myself at CC more often than WW?

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #57 of 80

Has anyone mentioned pets in the kitchen yet? Or said pets eating cake?

Julisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #58 of 80
Quote:

Oh and let me add...

You and I need to get together and go bowling. icon_lol.gif

Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:45pm
post #59 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgirl10

Has anyone mentioned pets in the kitchen yet? Or said pets eating cake?

Hey. icon_razz.gif I am currently part of that one and I must say it has brought me a giggle or two.

I am with the pass the pop corn people.

Julisa Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #60 of 80

[quote="lepaz"]

Quote:
Quote:

Or when I read something that sounds rude, I re-read it to try and figure out if the poster meant something else that is meant to be completely harmless icon_rolleyes.gif .

I try and do the same. Some times people don't want to take the time to type out ALL the details and things get miss interpreted. It's like the reading poetry, you interpret what you read differently that someone else might.

About the typing colors. Maybe we could use rainbow for those of us who ARE suffering from PMS/Menopause/Split personalities/Bi-polar disease/ or head up A** syndrom. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%