Full Moon Or Does Everyone Have Pms?

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm by bobwonderbuns

ShortcakesSweets Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 80

I just can't get over all the arguing thats been going on here lately. I know I have voiced an opinion on a couple of things and apparently was misunderstood and have ruffled a few feathers, but I honestly didn't mean anything derogatory by it.
I'm just here to learn all I possibly can about cake decorating because it is absolutely a passion of mine and I want so badly to get better. So can we just get back to enjoying caking and learning without the fighting?
Maybe its just natural for all cake decorators to be passionate and over-achievers and we can't help but voice our opinion and no one else can possibly be right?
PLEASE don't take this thread the wrong way, I just want this to be the nice, peaceful, wonderful caking site that I'm sure Jackie and Heath dreamed it would be when they started it.

79 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 80

This happens here from time to time. I will PM you.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

JodieF Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 80

Hmmmmm.....I absolutely understand what you're saying, but couldn't this rile things up too? Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie, eh? icon_cool.gif

The folks who have to be right are always going to think they're right, aren't they?

I just try to focus on all the wonderful people and wonderful things about this site, and let the garbage go. It's not worth it.

SweetResults Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 80

Don't worry - like Theresa said - happens ALL the time!

Just take it for the soap opera it is, and move on. Before you know it you will be dating your best friend's ex lover and your daughter will be dating your best friend and your friend's sister will be back from the dead and there will be a wedding and everyone will be happy again.

I never take it all personally , just pass the popcorn and say Orange Juice! icon_biggrin.gif

These things always blow over.

melysa Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Don't worry - like Theresa said - happens ALL the time!

Just take it for the soap opera it is, and move on.




i was going to say the same thing. i've been around here for two years, and it happens- just like anywhere else i assume.

on another note, i thought you were saying that you've been getting PM's (personal message's)... i had to chuckle when i realized you meant P. M. S. !

Rosie2 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Before you know it you will be dating your best friend's ex lover and your daughter will be dating your best friend and your friend's sister will be back from the dead and there will be a wedding and everyone will be happy again.




LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

MosMom Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 80

I also hang out on a Disney board and you haven't seen drama unless you've seen Disney drama.

APrettyCake Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 80

Q: Why do they call it PMS?

A: Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Sorry - had to throw that in there. My son told me that one yesterday and I about peed my pants! icon_biggrin.gif

michellenj Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:24pm
post #9 of 80

Or go to the boards at Weight Watchers. If you even mention the diet drug Alli or that it's "that time", you will be ripped apart in no time. Then, if you say that you thought you'd get support there, they say "What do you expect, we're fat and hungry".

kimblyd Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 80

Ooooh! I want some Disney drama!

icon_biggrin.gif

michellenj Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #11 of 80

Someone sent me an email about PMS recently. It had a list of all the things that PMS stood for. I can only remember a few of them:

Pass My Sweatpants
Pardon My Sobbing
Plainly, Men Suck
Pass My Shotgun
Potential Murder Suspect

icon_razz.gif

melvin01 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #12 of 80

I think everyone's stressed out...after all it's WEDDING SEASON!

I fortunately just got finished with a very busy cake-time for me and feel much better.

Give it a couple more weeks, then everyone will be full of sunshine and roses!! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:33pm
post #13 of 80

We a big family ... and families squabble and bicker now and then. Doesn't mean we don't still luv each other! icon_biggrin.gif Doesn't mean we don't respect each other. Just means that we're just being a normal dysfuntional family! icon_lol.gif

jibbies Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:36pm
post #14 of 80

Every so often I see someone mention about arguing and people getting kicked off the board and other stuff like that and I must miss it every time because I've not come across it.
I'm going to stick my neck out because there has to be some others curious like me and I am just going to be the voice that asks,
"How do you know when there is a big argument going on?"

Jibbies

indydebi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:44pm
post #15 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

and I must miss it every time because I've not come across it. I'm going to stick my neck out because there has to be some others curious like me and I am just going to be the voice that asks,
"How do you know when there is a big argument going on?"




icon_lol.gif I have to agree with this! Maybe that means I'm the one they're referring to 'coz while I might (might!) see a thread that is on the edge of getting warm, I can't really cite a recent one, let alone a number of them, where I got the impression that a different opinion meant "no one else can possibly be right." icon_confused.gif

Maybe a thread of "Check out THIS one!" where the hot-n-heavy threads could be posted so we all won't miss out on the "good stuff"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:47pm
post #16 of 80

Jibbies,
Your question made me think of a t-shirt my nephew has that says, "I don't look for trouble, it finds me."
Sooooooo, I don't LOOK for the aruging threads, they find me!! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif


OK, everyone, good points made. Wasn't trying to start anything nasty, just trying to lighten the mood a bit. icon_wink.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:48pm
post #17 of 80

Oops, double post due to a computer glitch. Sorry. icon_redface.gif

CakeWhizz Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:49pm
post #18 of 80

I agree wholeheartedly with Indydebi. CC is like an extended family to me and I love the different personalities and the different perspectives that people bring to the forum. It makes for a balanced view in my humble opinion. So let the 'dramas' continue I say!!

mymomandmecakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm
post #19 of 80

I AM NEW HERE...lol I still like everyone!!!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm
post #20 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by melysa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Don't worry - like Theresa said - happens ALL the time!

Just take it for the soap opera it is, and move on.



i was going to say the same thing. i've been around here for two years, and it happens- just like anywhere else i assume.

on another note, i thought you were saying that you've been getting PM's (personal message's)... i had to chuckle when i realized you meant P. M. S. !




I thought that, too! Full moon and we all have PMS! icon_lol.gif I was thinking, I'm not quite sure the dormitory effect can occur over the internet.

Yes, this happens all the time. Cannot tell you the amount of times I have had my head bitten off here. It's given me thicker skin, and I am learning to ignore the "haters".

tracycakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:01pm
post #21 of 80

Must be a full moon because our office is this way too. icon_lol.gif

lepaz Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:03pm
post #22 of 80
Quote:
Quote:

Before you know it you will be dating your best friend's ex lover and your daughter will be dating your best friend and your friend's sister will be back from the dead and there will be a wedding and everyone will be happy again.



Don't forget that your brother will actually be your father AND your uncle!

I need to stop watching the novelas (soap operas). Anyways, when there is too much "tough love" going on, I just try to stay away for a couple of days (I know it's impossible for some) and as soon as I see the words "box vs scratch" I exit out. Or when I read something that sounds rude, I re-read it to try and figure out if the poster meant something else that is meant to be completely harmless icon_rolleyes.gif .
Peace, love and happiness people! Let's pretend it's the 70's all over again!

kelleym Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:11pm
post #23 of 80

I was just trying to figure out why everyone in Full Moon, Oregon, had PMS. icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:21pm
post #24 of 80

Indydebi -

Actually, the title of the thread should be

Pull Up Your Beach Chair And Pass The Popcorn icon_lol.gif

Back to the subject at hand. There are some sensitive subjects here on CC, which I think should be banned altogether -

BC vs Fondant
Scratch vs Boxed Cake Mix
Which Brand of Boxed Mix
Clear vs Real Vanilla

There are a few others which I cannot remember - anyone want to add to the list?

Asking for opinions or constructive criticism on a cake can start an arguement. So can posting a pic of a cake you copied from someone else, without giving them credit for the original design.

And if you really want to see the members here get hostile, steal another member's pics and put them on your website without permission - oh, man, it's all torches and pitchforks! Of course, they would carry on that way if someone stole your pics, too, so it evens out.

Ya gotta love 'em.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:31pm
post #25 of 80

We have to keep in mind that thare are 173,169 registered uses on this site. At this moment there are over 1200 people veiwing the site, 600+ of those being registered users. That's alot of people and alot of different personalites and there is going to be clashes no matter what.

This isn't just something that happens on this message board or only cake related boards you will find people not getting a long on pretty much every board out there when you are putting different personalites together.

I personally don't even read the known 'hot' topics any more. If you have read it all before and you know it is going to get heated, why even bother? I also have learned in my time on the internet to think before I reply. If I see something I feel passionate about and start to type out a reply that may come off heated I will wait to send it. Usually I don't even send it in the end.

We have to remember, that most people that are set in their ways are not going to change, no matter how many times you tell them your way is better. And as long as we aren't hurting anybody we should do things the way they work best for us.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:31pm
post #26 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

I was just trying to figure out why everyone in Full Moon, Oregon, had PMS. icon_lol.gif




That's really a place? Just image the comments people from there must get.

indydebi Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:31pm
post #27 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar



There are a few others which I cannot remember - anyone want to add to the list?




ooooh! ooooh!! pickme! pick me! She said, wildly waving her hand up in the air from the back of the room!

licensed vs unlicensed (and the predictable discussion on "I've seen legal restaurants dirtier than my kitchen!") icon_lol.gif

and the always popular.... Pets in the Kitchen!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

just_for_fun Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:45pm
post #28 of 80

or...

Have you seen this cake? w/ a pic of a naughty cake

DaisyLisa17 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 10:53pm
post #29 of 80

This site is like a huge room full of women... cant you just imagine it? All I can hear is endless chatter, bickering, laughing... ugh, wouldnt it be an entertaining mess? Its just like my work... I'm a teacher and you cant go one day without someone causing drama or gossip and it kills me. But, you stick all those ladies in one place and its bound to happen.

Its gonna happen no matter what, so we just have to be ready for it. If you dont like the direction a thread is going in, there's always a million more to check out. I just read them and laugh! And like the others... Pass the popcorn!

weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:01pm
post #30 of 80

Im sure the customer service rep at William Sonoma would agree with you. Bought a couple of items yesterday and was charged five times for it. Had to make four different phone calls to get the matter straightened out and the last girl I talked to had the attitude of just letting it go and in 72 hours it would automatically take care of itself! So I assured her in a very large voice that THAT path was the one she wasnt going to take!!!
I know Im on edge lately so I tend to fly off the handle easy. But mine is do to a switch in medication that I had a reaction to! Cant vouch for anyone else on here!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%