Banana Cupcake Help

Baking By vmertsock Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm by CandyLady

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making a banana cake recipe I've made before, always delicious. I tried making cupcakes and it's turning out awful! The minis, despite being in ample time keep sticking horribly to their papers. I need these for the bakery for tomorrow! Any tips? The recipe is creamed butter and sugar, add in sour cream and vanilla, add in flour and baking soda then 12 mashed bananas. Thanks!

7 replies
CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 8

not sure how big of a recipe this is....for my banana cake I don't use sour cream and I use 2 mashed bananas...is this for a large recipe or standard cake size recipe.

vmertsock Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 8

It's a very large recipe-- for 48+ cupcakes, I typically bake it in 2 1/2 sheet pans (13x1icon_cool.gif

vmertsock Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the recipes, but I'm still hoping to salvage these, does it sound like they are just underdone or...? I know the recipe works in pans, so I'm not sure why it's not turning out in cupcake papers.

CandyLady Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 8

how about just spraying your pans with no papers...bake and then place in papers?

vmertsock Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 8

Great idea! Thanks! Do you think it's possible they need to cook still longer b/c of all the banana or do you think it's a lost cause?

CandyLady Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 8

well they are mini cupcakes so should not bake as long as a cake...test them along the way with a toothpick. They should bake quicker. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%