Support Your Troops! Please Read!

Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 9:53pm by playingwithsugar

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 9

The time is getting near to start thinking about whether you would like to send some home-baked goods to military personnel stationed overseas during the upcoming holiday season.

I have included two links in my signature which I would very much appreciate you taking a look at. Operation Baking Gals is a new group of volunteers who will be sending packages to troops overseas on a year-round basis.

Any Soldier is a website where you can find troops who will accept packages on behalf of their unit.

There is a good deal of information on both websites, as to what is needed, what they would like to have sent to them, how to send it.

Thank you for your time -

Theresa icon_smile.gif
LL

8 replies
kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 9

thank you so much for this info icon_smile.gif

Reba1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reba1 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 9

As a mom to two active duty Army boys, I want to thank you so much for posting this reminder. I can't begin to tell you how much the guys and gals appreciate the goodies they receive! Even those stationed abroad and here at home need those packages, not everyone gets leave at holiday time, and those that do, have to pay their own transportation home!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 9

DH and I both served in the Marines. Baked goods from home are a blessing! I'm going to look into doing this. Thanks for posting.

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 9

Thank all of you for your responses.

Please feel free to send the web addresses to anyone you know who would be willing to participate.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:17am
post #6 of 9

That is really neat!
I will have to get involved every month if the shipping costs aren't too high, or when I can if they are.

I am forever trying to foist goodies off on others when I bake for practice and fun, this would be great for the sturdier treats.

Thanks for posting this.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much for the info, Theresa. icon_biggrin.gif

I know both my boys enjoyed receiving goodies from home. birthday.gif

What an honor to provide goodies for other young men & women serving in our armed forces. thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 9

I humbly thank all those who have replied to this thread. In addition to the posts read here, I have also received numerous PM's, with members thanking me for posting the web links below, with offers to help these causes.

Please assist us in spreading the word, and help do what you can. Money is very tight for all of us, so instead of sending goodies and packages, you might be able to volunteer at your local reserve center, armory, or USO.

A couple of you have also mentioned my new avatar. It is the poster logo from Operation Baking Girls, and I converted it to an avatar with their written permission. If anyone would like to copy it, I would be honored. You may do so as long as you promise me you will use it.

Thanks so much again for all your comments and support -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 9:53pm
post #9 of 9

I'm so excited to announce that requests for information about Operation Baking Gals is still pouring in!

Thanks to all for the PM's, E-mails, and posts. Three Cheers to all of you!
You have all touched my heart deeply.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%