What Do You Think?

Decorating By Aubrey2007 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm by Franluvsfrosting

Aubrey2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aubrey2007 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:07am
post #1 of 8

Here's my latest attempt at a Chocolate Transfer. Of course if you can't tell I absolutely LOVE "Frosting with Flair". I think I stare at her website for a half hour every day. icon_biggrin.gif So if you think my cake looks similar, I admit, that's what I'm shooting for. I have more pics at my website if you want to see other cakes I've done. Haven't been very diligent about loading them up on CC. icon_smile.gif

OK, so I know my border is a little uneven. I'll have to work on that. I only had one air bubble this time and it was right at Dora's mouth. Darn! But all in all, I think I did pretty good.

For all of you trying to do transfer work, someone gave me a fantastic idea that saved me boatloads of time. Put all your bagged chocolate on a heating pad. After a few mins. it's all melty. And while you're working, it doesn't get hard again. I keep all my chocolate in reusable decorating bags and then for my outlining I use parchment triangles.
LL
LL

7 replies
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:01am
post #2 of 8

I looks very nice!!!!
I never done a chocolate transfer, but yours looks very well done.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 8

Wow! Looks fantastic - that is a lot of detailed work!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 8

that does really look great! i like using choc transfers too,they're so easy to do.i've used them on my "batman,x-ray,and safari" cakes.i've also used the choc to make the ladders for my fire truck and the flames for the "grill" cake.i just need more practice on keeping my hands from being ~shaky~ while doing my tranfers! icon_cry.gif

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 8

I think it looks great. I have wanted to try a chocolate transfer myself but haven't yet. You did a great job.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 8

Wow-great job with the chocolate transfer! I am doing a cake with some in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait!

Aubrey2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aubrey2007 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone! They're so much fun to do. I'm not real good at making small detailed work yet, but I think I just need some more practice. Anyway, thanks for the happy comments. thumbs_up.gif

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 8

Well my four year old is sitting here next to me peering over my shoulder. Her comment when she saw it were:

"OOOOOHHHH!!! That's a cute cake!!!!"

So, you have her approval! lol (I think it's pretty cute too.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%