How Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By mama5kiddos Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 1:52am by Mac

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

I have a VERY picky customer that wants LOTS of changes (down to detail like color of pants, color of shirt on the hiker, etc) and this is going to be a big cake, I am thinking I need a 12" layer, and 4-5 9" layers to make it big enough to feed this many people and sculpt it. I have attached the photo below of the cake she would like me to do detail similar to...so you can see how much detail is involved.

The infamous "How much would YOU charge for a cake like this" help is needed right now. Thanks in advance!
LL

3 replies
allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

How many does it need to feed?

allycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycook Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 4

If I were you I would make a base (9x14) or so and then make the mountain of rice crispies. I don't think it is abnormal for her to desire certain colors for the clothing. Maybe it is to represent someone and what they usually wear when climbing. I would think your usual price for a fondant cake would suffice unless there is more detail than what is in the picture.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #4 of 4

A sculpted cake should be NO LESS than $5.00 per serving. However, being in fondant, I would probably charge more. Just depends on the number the cake needs to serve and how long I think it will take me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%