Aprons...indydebi???

Business By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 3 Aug 2008 , 3:20am by 1234me

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 17

I recall a post where Indydebi posted where she bought her aprons...does anyone have this site marked? TIA!

16 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 17
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 17

i buy my aprons at sams club. it's a three pack of professional white bib style aprons, long in the front. i can't remember how much, since i bought them over 2 years ago but it wasn't much at all.

i originally bought them as favors for my friends when they came over for a girls party. i printed up clip art that was appropriate for each of their personalities, printed it up on fabric transfer printer paper (make sure to set the printer to "reverse the image" if there is writing on it), and then ironed the design on the bib part. a cute inexpensive idea that they ended up loving!!

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 17

Thank you to BOTH OF YOU!!!! xoxoxo! icon_biggrin.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:54am
post #5 of 17

I bought all my chef gear at allheartchefs.com - they have a good variety of affordable aprons, as well as jackets, pants, et

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 17

These are outrageously expensive but I think they would make a terrific outfit when setting up for your events:

http://www.theconsumerlink.com/JessieSteele/list/jessaprons/100

I admit I wasted my money on the Pink Paris apron icon_redface.gif - but it looks great with black slacks & shirt icon_wink.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:31pm
post #7 of 17

snowshoe1...I have that site bookmarked, and the Paris apron IS my favorite!!!

snowshoe1 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #8 of 17

Aren't they great - I want to get the Cafe Toile apron but can't justify another one - and don't have anywhere to wear it - do you think I could wear it out to dinner with DH icon_wink.gif

I wish I could sew better as you could come up with all kinds of terrific looks.

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 17

I totally think you could wear it out to dinner! Some nice slacks, some pearls, black pumps...it would look nice icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 17

OH MAN! Now I have to get out my sewing maching and go to JoAnn's .... DAMN! I have so much to do, but now i HAVE TO have one of those aprons!! (and I certainly can't afford one!) I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE one!!!!!

I really think you could wear it out to dinner!

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:55pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

OH MAN! Now I have to get out my sewing maching and go to JoAnn's .... DAMN! I have so much to do, but now i HAVE TO have one of those aprons!! (and I certainly can't afford one!) I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE one!!!!!

I cannot afford to buy them either and that is what I do pick out whatever fabric I love and make them. It is fun but can be addictive icon_lol.gif

snowshoe1 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by angi1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

I cannot afford to buy them either and that is what I do pick out whatever fabric I love and make them. It is fun but can be addictive icon_lol.gif

Well, if either of you decide to market your creations - let us know!

4Gifts4Lisa - I hope your advice doesn't get me on an episode of "What Not To Wear" icon_lol.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:19pm
post #13 of 17

I would LOVE to have some really cool aprons in retro styles and patterns, but the practical side of me knows they would only look nice once.

My husband is a large man (6-foot-2 and 360+) so in addition to aprons that wash well, we had to find aprons that were long and had strings that actually meet in the back. We found some that I fell in love with because of the length and because I can bring the strings around and tie them in the front. In fact they are so long that I create a fold at my waistline and hold it in place with the string. (I'm only 5-foot-2) They also have pockets which are quite handy for holding telephone, cell phone, and iPod! We purchased black and they wash wonderfully. They come out of the dryer with no wrinkles and they still look like they did the day we bought them and he's a barbecue fanatic so he gets lots of pork fat on them! Mmmmm...pork fat!

The fact that they are black means that when we entertain during the holidays I can wear one with black slacks and a crisp white shirt and still look dressed up.

Unfortunately, I'm at work right now, so I can't tell you where we got them or what the brand name is. If any of you are interested, let me know and I'll definitely look for the name and source when I get home tonight.

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:39pm
post #14 of 17

Heeheehee...

I actually went looking for the paris fabric so I could make myself an apron, but I could not find it!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #15 of 17

Not an apron, but I just bought a chef's apron pattern at Joann's when they were on sale for $.99 or $1.99. I'm looking for some cute cake or cupcake material and mom is going to make me a jacket to wear for deliveries. icon_smile.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 4:46pm
post #16 of 17

I wish I knew how to sew. Saw some great retro fabric designs at Hobby Lobby yesterday that would make really cool aprons.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 3:20am
post #17 of 17

Dh surprised me and bought me some aprons with my logo on them. BUT.....I am not a regular apron wearer. I feel like they pull at my neck too much. My mom owns a florist and they wear cobbler aprons and I love them. They cover the front and the back and they don't pull at your neck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%