No Icing Cakes

Decorating By tahoengirl Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm by JoAnnB

tahoengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tahoengirl Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

Help!!! I am a mother of four who is trying to make ends meet by selling my baked goods. I would like a cake recipe that would easy to bake without icing. Something I can bake, cut up and package. All answers are greatly appreciated. God Bless.

5 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 6

Pound cakes are usually good that way. Look in the recipe section here for some incredible cake recipes if you don't already have one.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 6

Pound cakes are usually good that way. Look in the recipe section here for some incredible cake recipes if you don't already have one.

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 6

I like doing pineapple upside down cakes for the very reason that they don't need iced. Just use the rings and put a cherry in the center and they turn our pretty. They are quick and easy to make. HTH

alman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alman Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 6

You could make a "butter cake" which sort of reflects "blonde brownies". It's quick and easy and oh, so delicious. I absolutely love Paula Deens butter cake recipe, which you can find on her webstite.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 6

Presuming you are working in a commercial kitchen, lots of moist cake recipes, dusted with powdered sugar, can be great.

It is not legal to sell home baked goods in California.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%