No Icing Cakes

Decorating By tahoengirl Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm by JoAnnB

tahoengirl Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

Help!!! I am a mother of four who is trying to make ends meet by selling my baked goods. I would like a cake recipe that would easy to bake without icing. Something I can bake, cut up and package. All answers are greatly appreciated. God Bless.

5 replies
jammjenks Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 6

Pound cakes are usually good that way. Look in the recipe section here for some incredible cake recipes if you don't already have one.

jammjenks Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 6

Pound cakes are usually good that way. Look in the recipe section here for some incredible cake recipes if you don't already have one.

justgale Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 6

I like doing pineapple upside down cakes for the very reason that they don't need iced. Just use the rings and put a cherry in the center and they turn our pretty. They are quick and easy to make. HTH

alman Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 6

You could make a "butter cake" which sort of reflects "blonde brownies". It's quick and easy and oh, so delicious. I absolutely love Paula Deens butter cake recipe, which you can find on her webstite.

JoAnnB Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 6

Presuming you are working in a commercial kitchen, lots of moist cake recipes, dusted with powdered sugar, can be great.

It is not legal to sell home baked goods in California.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%