Help! With Burberry Pattern

Decorating By inspireddecorator Updated 17 Sep 2013 , 1:38am by Izza1

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 11

I have been asked to make a cake with the Burberry pattern and if I can incoporate a Louis Vuitton and Gucci symbol.

Firstly, I don't know how to create this Burberry pattern. (attached below) I was thinking that maybe airbrushing it with a cutout pattern (as long as it doesn't bleed). Or just layering fondant on top of each other.

Is there anyone that has created this pattern or has an idea of what I could do for a cake.

How do you create the LV & G symbols? The only way I would know to do it would be using the color flow method. I don't feel confident enough to do freehand.

Would it look funny to make the entire cake in the Burberry or maybe as a scarf on the cake. I have no clue what to do. And to top it off, this is for a guy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LL

10 replies
Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 11

Hi, I've never done such a pattern, but I almost want to say that maybe roll strips of black, red, white fondant on top of the cream color fondant (?) Maybe the experts can give you some input.

Good luck!

Danielle111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle111 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 11

If you do a search on this site, you will find a handful of people who have done this type of pattern, using various techniques. Maybe you could look through those, find the techniques that best suits you, and e-mail that person to find out how they did it? Good luck! icon_smile.gif

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 11

did a google search for burberry cake on google images I did find one purse cake . It looks as if the best thing to do is lay your base fondant in the tan and then run very thin strips of the black and red , I would try to duplicate the scarf since this is for a guy . There is a image attached of a scarf I think that would be wonderful as a sugar replica of the real thing. Here is the link to the purse I dare not put someone elses pic without their approval
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cakesbysusie.com/cakePurse2.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.cakesbysusie.com/cakesForFun.htm&h=300&w=300&sz=38&hl=en&start=20&um=1&tbnid=Iy8TkQSMwqr3mM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dburberry%2Bcake%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF%26sa%3DN
LL

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 11

I saw this cake the other day. It looks like they just layered fondant strips, and I think it looks just fine.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=32700

There were several other cakes when I searched the gallery for "Burberry", check them out. I would maybe take a cue from the cake above and do separate layers for each designer - if the cake calls for that many layers.

Good Luck!
Heather

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 11

There is a cake on this site that did an LV purse using rice paper. They printed the image on rice paper then attached on fondant. It was basically an exact replica. Maybe you could do that then incorporate sugarshacks method of adding the LV symbols.

I will find the pick of the LV purse and send in a second post.

Edited to add the link to the edible image LV purse.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1177745

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 11

I don't have a link for you, but I saw a tutorial on doing plaid on YouTube, I'm pretty sure it was by Aine2? You'd just use different colors than the ones she uses in the video, but this is definitely a plaid pattern.

inspireddecorator Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks so much, such a quick response. I will check out the other cakes and try to come up with a design.

inspireddecorator Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:03am
post #9 of 11

Well here's the end result of the burberry cake I asked for your wonderful help on. I went with the design on one pic that cutecakename provided me with. Thank you.

But it doesn't look much like that scarf. But it was very time consuming cutting all those stripes. Not sure if the customer like it much, she didn't say much.

I have to make her an elmo cake in a few weeks, so we'll see what her brother's response was (who the cake was for).

Thanks again
Sandy
LL

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #10 of 11

I love it, I think you did a great job! I know what you mean about those stupid stripes - I did a cake this past week with a bunch of tiny stripes - what a pain!

Heather

Izza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izza1 Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 1:38am
post #11 of 11

OMG! That cake looks AWESOME. How can anyone not love your cake?!!! Was putting the stripes on the cake hard or was just tedious? I have a request for a burberry themed cake. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%